Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Has anyone here delivered at 34 weeks?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Has anyone here delivered at 34 weeks?

I was wondering if anyone here has delivered at 34 weeks? i am 34 weeks and i feel like i am going to go into labor any day now...i've been in the hospital for 3 week already and still am. i went into preterm labor just about 2 times every week that i have been here..and my dr told me that once i hit 34 weeks they are not going to do anything to stop it..i have gotten the steriod shots..and they said baby looks great...but i've been having contractions all day...and some yesterday and the day before..but i've been having them more today..i am still a lil worried because she's still so small..so i am wondering if anyone here has had a baby at 34 weeks..or around there..and if so how long did you baby have to stay in the hospital and what, if any, kind of complications did he or she have..i had my son at 36 weeks so i knew i was high risk for preterm labor again..but this time she tried to come at 31 weeks..i am glad i've made it this far with her because the dr's didnt think it was going to last this long!
I knew someone who gave birth to twins at 23 or 24 weeks and while one twin died, the other one is now 24 yrs old. That's a lot younger than 34 weeks! And that was a couple decades ago, without our new technology!

Some babies are fine when born premature, others need a little help with respiration, feeding and they are tiny. If your doc is confident your little one will be okay, then be optimistic! I know it's hard not to worry, especially about your chid. I hope you the best of luck!
thanks alot
I have had two friends deliver early one at 34 weeks and one at 36 weeks.  The 36 weeks went home in two days, the 34 weeks stayed a few weeks.  They both had early deliveries with their firsts (this is their second) so they also had the steriod shots.  (One in August and the other in September of 2007) Both babies are fine and weighed between 5 and 6 pounds.

A coworker had a baby at 32 weeks - no steriods he stayed two months and still has problems (that was 6 years ago.)

Technology has come a long way and is on your side.   Good luck!
wow thanks so much..i am so thankful my dr had me get the steriod shots....i had them when i was about 20 something weeks..she had a feeling i was going to try to delieve way to early and she was right..well after being in the hospital for 3 weeks i am finally able to go home today...very excited...but she said if i have any contractions i have to come right back in because i am still 3 cm but thin as i can possibly get..hopefully this baby will stay in there till atleast 36 weeks like my son so i can hopefully take her home with me!
thanks once again
WOW, 3 cm!!!  STARY OFF YOUR FEET AND DONT MOVE!  LOL!!

I hope you can cook your baby a little longer but if that baby is ready to come out then I guess you cant stop it.

Make sure you have plenty of preemie diapers!  I gave birth at 37 wks and my baby was only 4 & 1/2 pounds when we left the hospital (she was perfectly healthy) I had NO preemie diapers and the hospital didnt either.  My mom went and bought a bunch of preemie size because they were falling off of her.  So bring some w/you!  Oh, and my mom had to go buy a bunch of preemie clothes too!  The one I had planned to bring her home in did not fit her until she was 12 weeks old!  LOL!
KTowne, and KeeLolo commented on KTowne's status
KeeLolo commented on KTowne's status
KeeLolo commented on Shannon79's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy