Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Has anyone or is anyone currently using soy formulas?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

After Aubree saw the ped yesterday they said she has mild acid reflux and that her intestines are irritated so my doc suggestion was to get a different kind of formula. I was using Similac Advance with Iron and then got changed to Nestle Good Start ... I have been reading up on soy and it seems likeAubree has all the symptoms, gas fussyness and spit up (which is why docs recommend soy ) So I was wondering if any of you ladies have used soy formulas.  I know there are some drawbacks but I just want some expierences.. How you liked soy and why u started using soy
Both my SIL's are using soy formula.  Or did.  My niece was not breastfeeding and so my SIL put her on a regular formula.  She did not do well...she was fussing all the time and spitting it all back up as soon as you burped her.  With my husbands sister she put her 1st on soy because she thought it was "healthier."  So when she had her second she started him on it.  All three of the babies that I know that have been on it did wonderful!  I would say try it and if it doesn't work then move to the next till you find something that works for her.  

Also I went to babysit the other night and I saw that this 10 month on was drinking this formula where on the can it said that it was compared to breast milk.    I don't remember the name but if you would like me to find out I will I really don't mind.  It was a powder and it came in a can already mixed.  
My SIL was only able to breastfeed for the first few weeks, but when she put her baby on regular formula he broke out all over.  So they put him on soy formula.  Aparently he does fine on it, except for his poop smells really bad.  Thats all I know, hope this helps.
My son is 9 weeks and the doctors changed him from Enfamil Lipil to prosobee at about 4 weeks, due to what they thought was colic and acid reflux. Actually the colic was not colic at all it was the milk in the Snfamil Lipil was upsetting his stomach due to a lactose intolerance. He is wonderful now! I was getting maybe 2 hours of sleep at night and imeditally began getting 6 at a time... I also changed his bottles to Dr Browns!!! If you need any advice PM me I have been through alot in these 9 weeks! Good Luck
I have always used Enfamil Prosobee with Lipil. It has been the only formula that my children have ever been able to tolerate. I highly reccomend it.
My kids were both lactose intolerant and my youngest had reflux really bad.  She was on AXID for the reflux.  If I didn't give her her meds she would projectile vomit ANYTHING I gave her.  As for the soy formula - LOVE it!!!  I don't think it made her stool smell bad, but it would constipate her once in a while.  I really liked bright beginnings soy - it smelled the least when she puked.
Thanks Ladies!!! I started her on Enfamil Prosobee today so Im hoping to see a change soon : - )
Hey!  I am so sorry to hear about the acid reflux diagnosis.  :(  We have been down that road too, so I know how stressful it can be!  My daughter required a hypoallergenic formula because she was sensitive to both milk and soy proteins (this is called MSPI).  MSPI can CAUSE reflux!  She was on Similac Alimentum.  It did wonders for her, along with a good dose of a proton pump inhibitor medicine, zegerid.  (On a positive note...she was OFF all medicine and drinking whole milk by 13 months...so it's usually something kiddos outgrow!)  

I wanted to let you know about a fantastic forum that saved my sanity!  It's www . infantreflux . org/forum.  The moms on that board are fantastic and SO knowledgeable about reflux and formula issues.  Post your story in the "introduction" section and I bet you'll get a ton of great advice!  Good luck to you and feel free to message me if you ever need to talk!  I feel like a reflux expert!  LOL!
my daughter was 3 lbs 7oz when she was born along with brittle bone disease. she had major gas....and i mean major. was dx with acid reflux and after trying tons of formulas including a bunch of soys....we ended up putting her on nutramigen(for babies with colic) even tho she wasnt colic....and it was a life saver. instead of feeding  her anti gas medicine 24hrs a day she went to using it maybe once a day-3 or 4 times a week after we put her on it. i would suggest that- it is expensive tho-if you have wic then have your pedi write a script for it....if you dont have wic your insurance may pay for it if it's medically necessary.
Shannon79 Planning bday party for the... Comment
1 hr ago
Shannon79, butterflybabies, and Des_a_rae commented on krichar's status
1 hr ago
specialmom commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy