Has the hole in my babys heart been filled? Will it come back?
Hi, I recently went to the doctor last friday and I was told based off my ultra sound (19 weeks) that my baby has a hole in her heart. They wanted to do a genetics test based off their findings. Today (23 weeks) I went in for my genetics test, did an utra sound and the doctor and the  ultra sound tech said that based off looking at her heart today they dont see a hole, but my baby wouldnt turn around for them to get good images for the heart, but she said she didn't see a hole as of todays unltrsound. I also have echocardiac appointment coming up in a few weeks, to determine if their really is a hole and if so how it can be treated. I just want to know has anyone ever been through this before? Is it true that if the baby isnt positioned well that they cant get a good image of the heart? also If their was a hole can it disappear and come back?

This is my first child, I'm 24 years old and I just want my daughter to be heathly! I prayed and prayed that everything will go good, and that she would be healed.
Baby does have to be positioned to get pictures all around any organ. They may be able to see one side but not the other. However, it is very common for these holes to close. It wouldn't close & then come back. There was 4 weeks in between your ultrasounds so it is quite possible it closed. They will however monitor baby more closely so they can make sure it has closed.