Heartbeat, baby measuring smaller
I have a question I went to the dr for an ultrasound and heard my baby's heartbeat.  According to my LMP I was about 8 and 1/2 weeks pregnant, but my dr told me I was measuring 7 weeks 1 day.  He said everything looked normal.  He did not mention anything about a fetal pole, but if I heard the heartbeat does that mean everything with the fetal pole is ok?  Also he said i may have ovualated late or the baby may have implanted late thats why I'm measuring smalle?  Can anyone make sense of any of this.  He did not seem concerned at all, but I had a miscarriage 5 mths ago and worry about everything.
Its completely natural to worry after having a miscarriage that your baby is okay. In the beginning of this pregnancy (last one ended in a miscarriage) the baby was measuring a week off sometimes. It could be that you ovulated late like your doctor suggested or that the baby implanted late. Seeing a heartbeat is ALWAYS a good sign since it means things are progressing. I think once you see a heartbeat the chance of miscarriage goes down significantly. I hope this helps!
My doctor told me it was ok if the baby was measuring a little over a week small.  It just could mean you miscalculated when you last ovulated or the baby just needs time to catch up.  Try not t worry too much.  (I know it is hard) I am 12 weeks pregnant, and up until my last ultrasound I was measuring 7 days smaller, but the baby was right on target at my 11 week ultrasound.