Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Heavy implantation bleeding or a period?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

hey, i have a question reguarding what is goin on with my body...my bf and i had unprotected sex about a week ago and had done so for about four days. this was approx a week and a half after my last period. we are trying for a baby and i think i might be pregnant. i have only had a few pregnancy symptoms but nothing that would have tipped me off for sure. but early today i noticed that i had some minor spotting...i went through two pantiliners with some actual dark blood but nothing like a normal period for me. as the day has continued i have put on a pad and i can feel blood flow, and it is a lighter red color, accompanied by cramps in my uterine area and some minor lower back pain. i have always had these symptoms on my menstural cycle but im not due for my next period until the end of next week. could i be pregnant and need to see a doctor? or is this a heavy implantation bleeding im experiencing. im hoping im pregnant but need answers!
if i turn out to be pregnant, what are some clear dos and donts for my first trimester, if i am pregnant, id currently be in my third week.....
It sounds like your just having your period. Usually if your pregnant and you bleed its very very light. Not even enough to fill a pad. If your really concerned go see a doctor. And if your ttc keep track of your periods. Sometimes your body can do its own thing and you may start your period a little early. All the best luck.
I agree that it sounds like your period. Its too heavy to be implantation bleeding.
thats what im thinking it is, but for some reason whenever i reread over the pregnancy symptoms, im having a lot of them, but nausea is the one that stands out the most...i have read a bunch of different articles and they say that sometimes some women are getting a "period like" sensation....i did talk to one of my friends who recently had a baby and said that she went through two periods with some heavy bleeding before she knew she was pregnant....she offered i just wait it out and in a week take another test....what do you gals think?
Some pregnancy symptoms can be the same as menstrual symptoms. Or if youve convinced yourself you might be pregnant, your mind may be creating symptoms. You can't always rely on symptoms to know if you're pregnant. Late period and positive test are the only 2 things (besides blood test) that are really indicative of being pregnant, and late period isn't always a positive.

Good luck and keep trying!
People keep posting that you can't have heave implantation bleeding. I had typical I b but then heave for two days. I did go to the Dr. And he said it was I b and a tiny tear in the cervex which is common enough and generally bleeds a lot. It could be a number of things but the best thing to do is wait until missing the normal period time and take a test or two.
Artdreamer, having a tear in the cervix is different than implantation bleeding. I had a lot of bleeding due to my cervix and placenta, especially during my first trimester. But implatation bleeding, in itself, cannot be heavy like a period.
KeeLolo commented on photo
KeeLolo, KTowne, and hansen20 commented on veronica0808's status
KTowne commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy