Help, i smoked weed pregnant! please talk to me a doctor, nurse or someone!!!
My name is jenny and i smoked weed for a long time everyday, and when i found out i was pregnant i was already 3 months and in disbelief, so i continued to smoke weed sometimes up to 3 times a day with cigarettes untill about my 7th month in pregnancy, then it all caught up with me and i quit smoking weed and cigarettes cold turkey and i have not smoked either since. But everyday i am terribly worried that i may have done damage or that they will find thc in my baby and do something like take it away. I feel incredibly guilty and i feel like the most stupid person on earth for doing all that smoking while pregnant, i will never even go back to smoking either again. I cant even believe that i let a bad addiction to marijuana go that far. Will someone please tell me if my baby is going to be ok? im am loosing sleep over my stupid actions and even though i quit i still feel very very guilty. Do they test the baby? will he be ok?
I know its late for this comment but my friend has 2 kids and she smoked week all the time and cigg everyday and bot hkids are fine. Im not saying its OK cause i would HIGHLY recommend stopping cause everthing you inhale or take in goes into your blood stream which goes to your baby. But doctors advice not to quit cold turkey if your baby is use to it, that your suppose to slowly quit. Im not sure on details but something like that.
I am by no means condoning what happend but my brother in laws g/f smoked pot and ciggs throughout her whole pregnancy and the baby was fine.... They will test the baby only if they see a reason to test for an addiction.
MANY WOMEN SMOKE WEED WHILE PREG.   I DO NOT THINK U SHOULD PER SE BUT THEY DO IT.  MATTER OF FACT, I WATCHED  A SHOW ON TV ONCE.  THERE WAS A STUDY.....THERE WAS LIKE 40 WOMEN--ALL EXACT ALONG IN THEIR PREGNANCY.  20--SMOKED POT DURING ENTIRE PREG. 20 DIDNT SMOKE POT/  THE 20 THAT DID----WHEN THEIR KIDS WERE BORN, ALL WERE TOTALLY FINE...ABOVE CERTAIN PERCENTILES THAN THE BABIES WHOSE MOTHERS DIDNT SMOKE.  THE SHOW THEN FOLLWED AND CAUGHT UP WITH THE KIDS AT AGES 5 AND 10.  BOTH AGES---THE KIDS WHOSE MOM SMOKED--WERE ALL MORE ADVANCED THAN NON SMOKERS......BY MORE ADVANCED I MEAN SPEAKING, LEARNING--GRADES IN SCHOOL, SOCIAL SKILLS. ALL OF IT.  NOW, IM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT IN ANY WAY PROMOTING IT.  IM JUST TELLIN YOU ABOUT A TV SHOW AND U TAKE WHAT U WANT FROM IT.....BUT IN "REAL" LIFE PEOPLE I KNOW HAVE SMOKED WHILE PREG (SMOKED I MEAN POT) AND THEIR KIDS WERE BORN TOTALLY FINE AND ACTUALLY, THE MOM'S CLAIM THEIR KIDS ARE MORE ADVNACED IN DAY CARE ETC.

I THINK THO WHILE U ARE PREG, U GOTTA GIVE THAT **** UP......U CANT BE SELFISH.....I JUST HAD A BABY 4 MONTHS AGO AND LET ME TELL --THERE IS NOTHING MORE DEMANDING THAN A CHILD.  U REALLY HAVE TO GET USE TO NOT BEING SELFISH NOW BEFORE HE COMES..OR SHE.  

Like everyone else says.  I'm not condoning it cause it's your choice but I didn't smoke with my little boy but I smoked weed everyday with my little girl and they are both academically on the same level and nothing is wrong with her.  She actually came out a more calm baby than my little boy was.  I really don't think that you have nething to be worried about.  So don't lose sleep over it, ur baby will be fine.
Well that's great that you did finally quit - better late than never.

I also know alot of women who smoked weed during pregnancy, and everyone is fine. I'd actually be more concerned about the damage from smoking cigarettes than weed.

Just pray that your little one will be fine, as there's nothing you can do now! A lot of people smoke and have healthy babies, lets hope yours is one of them!

Good luck, and best wishes for you and your little one! And again, congrats on quitting - be strong and keep it that way!
Holy moly I just realized how old this post is........