Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Help Me Out Please!!

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Help Me Out Please!!

OK IVE BEEN ON A EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME BECAUSE IM TRYING TO HAVE A BABY SOONER THAN SOON! BACK IN JUNE OF 2009 I GOT A THE MIRENA PUT IN. AND WAS FINE THE FIRST 1-1/2yr. THEN STARTED HAVING ALOT OF PROBLEMS LEFT AND RIGHT SO WE DECIDED IN THE BEGINING  APRIL OF 2011 TO TAKE IT OUT. I GOT MY PERIOD  AT THE END OF APRIL. THEN DIDNT GET IT AGIAN FOR 2 MONTHS IN  (JUNE) NOTHING THEN 3MONTHS LATER I GOT ONE AGIAN IN (SEPTEMBER) THEN NOVEMBER THE 1ST THRU 4TH I HAD A PERIOD AND ITS NOW JANUARY 2ND 2012 AND NO PERIOD WE'VE RECENTLY BEEN BEEN TRYING TO GET PREGNANT ALL OF DECEMBER! SO WHICH MEANS I DIDNT USE PROTECTION DURING INTERCOURSE ALL DECEMBER AND I HAVENT HAD A PERIOD SINCE NOV, COULD I EVEN GET PREGNANT OR CAN I BE PREGNANT AND SINCE I DONT GET REGULAR PERIODS WILL I BE ABLE TO GET PREG. PLEASE HELP ME OUT CUZ I REALLY WANT TO GET PREGNANT. THIS IS THE FIRST AND LAST TIME IVE EVER USED BIRTH CONTROL LIKE THAT BECUZ I DONT EVEN KNO MY BODY ANY MORE AND BEFOR I KNEW ALL ABOUT IT WHEN MY OVULATION,PERIODS,FERTILITY ALLTHE STUFF MOST DONT KNOW I DID N NOW IM LIKE A STRANGER IN MY BODY PEOPLE PLEASE HELP OUT !!
I've never personally used any birth control but I have a close friend going thru what you are..she was on birth control for years and she's having a hard time concieving..I've heard it takes awhile for your body to get back to normal after you stop using it..hopefully someone on here will have more and better info for you..
Anytime you're coming off of birth control, it can take a year or longer before your cycles regulate again. Also, when you have unprotected sex, there's always a chance that you can be pregnant. Although, with your cycles messed up, it can be difficult to pinpoint ovulation.

You need to take a hpt and follow up with your doctor to have bloodwork done to determine whether or not you're pregnant. If you aren't pregnant, and you get your period, you could chart your basal body temperature in order to be able to pinpoint when you're ovulating and see when your fertile window is.
thanks for your help but do you think that even between the missed periods i am ovulating nd can get preg. still ?? i really don't care wether it takes awhile i just want to make sure that i can get pregnant still . my body has changed so much and i hate it cuz i know nothing about it and when i try to track everything it changes up agian... but i really do appreciate your words im trying to get as much info as possible before i make an appoinment for obgyn. :)
Well, I had the same exact problem, mirena and all. I felt like a stranger in my own body but I was having other problems too. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome. The mirena can cause ovarian cysts which cause irregular bleeding. I had a d&c done because I couldn't get regulated on Nov 2.  Now I am 6 weeks pregnant. If it can happen for me, it can happen for you.
Shannon79 commented on jugglin's status
4 mins ago
Shannon79 YAY it's Friday!! Comment
6 mins ago
jnnfr282 commented on Any good stories abou...
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy