Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Help removal of mirena

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Help removal of mirena

Hi friends. ? I had mirena for two yrs. Just had it removed 5 weeks ago to try for a girl or a boy. Anyway I am very confused on a lot of things. I had the (iud) removed on the 7th of March 2011. Cramped for two Days. Bleed for (4days). Following week nothing. Started getting symptoms of being pregnant after that. Had sex the whole week. Lited headed n all. So I took (hpt) came up negative. Said okay I am not with child. Then I received another period March the 25th 2011. It lasted one day but very heavy. The Monday have sex n next day went to doctor for a check up it was (-). Okay this week April the 17th 2011. My (boobs) are sore tender light headed vomiting lower back pain peeing a lot. I have never experience this with my boy's. And have not yet had a (+) (hpt). Is it me or the mirena. This **** is make wish I would have never got it. Next have doc appointment. Ready to cancele it. It no need to go. If (hpt) says (-) wth. Sorry for the out burst. But Why Is It taking so long to do this. Help me baby Jesus. Pls give input. No matter what it is. I would like to hear.

Your friend

Mirena Removal club.  
I can give you a lil insight after the mirena docs will tell you can get prego right after and in reality you can and some women have healthy pregnancies...but sometimes it can take longer some women have serious issues after and some it takes just a few months...For me I had mine removed aug 7 2010 and I had pos test somewhere in sept but miscarried at 9 weeks nov 14th..devestaded I was but they said it was never a baby in there a blited something or other but it was due to the fact my lining was too thin to sustain a pregnancy after the mirena..so if I would've had one more cycle to thicken my lining it would have been better but I didnt know that my doc said I could try right after removal so I did..Good news I had a cycle dec 16th found out I was prego Jan 10th I 17 weeks now! yayay So I think your ok You've had enough AF's and what your feeling is prob just the mirena getting out of your system. I had so many preg symptoms after removal I thought I was prego every month but Test every month, keep trying it really shouldnt take long and who know's you may be prego by may...keep you appt, keep going try not to get stressed b/c that can affect you getting prego..it will happen keep praying and I will def keep you in my prayers!!!!! Many blessings!!!!!
hi,

i had a mirena removed jan this year to ttc baby 4 after having it in for a year, for the past 3 months since ive had it removed i've been convinced im pregnant, but as yet nothing, i think hormone is still leaving my body which is confusing me, not even sure if im ovulating or not. kinda wish i hadnt had mirena fitted until after we'd done with number 4 now. but it was to help my heavy periods and after baby 3 we both said no more...but things change! hey ho
Ahhh the dreaded Mirena strikes again. I had my Mirena for 3 years, and it was 3 years of hell, only one good thing about it is it lightened my period, which had been the main reason why I got it. I had mine taken out on the 27th of August of last year. I fell pregnant within 2 weeks after having it removed. I miscarried in weeks 5-6 in Oct. We tried for afew months after the miscarriage, with no luck. So we gave up trying. I am now 9w preg, I would advise, from my own view to wait 3-4 cycles. I know your doc said you can try straight away, however that is what the Manufactures of the Mirena (Bayer) say, so therefor the doc follows like a sheep. If you google the affects of Mirena, you will see alot of complaints about it. Wishing you all the best. xxx
Thank u for the responses. They are very helpful. Will keep having relation. Until its (+). To Dest congratulations. On ur new baby pls keep me updated. I sure will do the same for u. It a shame when u want something so bad u can't get it. I have three boys hopefully this is my princess. Just pray for me.
Sure will!!! and thanks! Oh yea we want a boy we have 2 girls lol I will keep you in my prayers...you got 3 boys so you know you can get prego...you'll get there in no time!!
Thanks babe trying tonight. Fingers cross.
This is the 7th day of tender Breast. As of April 19th 2011. My breast are hot in need to have a bra on at all times
I have not taking a (hpt) Yet. Going to wait. Fill like I am wasting money. Still praying for the best.
Well to spotting not heavy very light. Wth is going on.
Des92 Aliyah is 3 Weeks and 2 day... Comment
Des_a_rae, specialmom, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy