Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
How can you tell if the baby is head down?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am almost 35 weeks and I am still feeling movement on both sides of my abdomen at the same time. I am assuming that means the baby is transverse? What is like a good sign that the baby is head down?
An increase in pressure in the vaginal area is one indicator, and as if you dont run to the bathroom fifty times a day already; more then likely you'll have to empty your bladder more.  You're moving in to the stage where you go to the doc every week so on your next visit he/she should be able to let you know.  One thing to try would be stacking some pillows up against the sofa and lay with your body hanging off and your head towards the floor.  Also you can take a bag of peas(anything) out the freezer and put that on the part of your stomach where the baby's head is and that'll normally make the baby move from that spot.  Just some old country wives tales I picked up! LOL
Sometimes at 35 weeks your baby is still moving all around.  My doc didnt check until 37 weeks because of that.  I'm pretty sure he was head down the whole time.  Until the day I delivered I swore he was transverse, but the doc kept telling me he was head down.  I could feel him all over though, as you describe.
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy