Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
How do I know I am pregnant?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

How do I know I am pregnant?

In early July, me and my partner had a touch intercourse.. to be safe, I took a pill after 18 hours. I have got 2 periods after I took the pill.

I am worried that I am pregnant. Is it possible that i am pregnant?
Hey there, if you have had your periods and you took the morning after pill within the 72 hours which you did, then no, I don't think you have to worry about being pregnant. If you are still worried the only way to know for sure is to get a pregnancy test done or get a home pregnancy test, but given the information you have given I think it is very unlikely that you are pregnant, good luck :)
Yes, i had 2 periods. I took the emergency pill within 72hrs (18 hrs after the touch intercourse). My this months period is around 5-6 sept but havent got it as yet. That is why I am worryed.

I am thinking of taking the home test but I dont know when to take it. Please advice what to do as I hear that home test give a wrong result if you take the test too early.

Thank you..
Take a test.  If you've had sex, there's always a chance.  If you've had two cycles since intercourse then your chances of pregnancy are slim.  Take a test to be sure.  
Thanks for the fast response. I will be taking a test then. Should i go for blood test, as they are supposed to be more correct?
I got my third period today... does this mean i shouldnt go for the test now?!
Hey there,

If you have started your period, I don't think you will need to have the test, some women do have bleeding like a period every month during pregnancy but this is not very common.
If you are still worried though the test give the best result when taken around a week or so after your period is due to arrive, then there should be no question about the result. all the best to you sweetie and try not to worry I think you are safe from pregnancy :) xxxx
I am trying not to worry. Thanks so much. Just had one more question: So is it ok if I go for the test after my period? Will I get an accurate result? :-)
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
hansen20, and Hollus commented on renae176's status
hansen20 commented on veronica0808's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy