Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
How do you know if the baby is head down?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Oh so I am starting to drop now or whatever it is called (sorry I think all my brain cells have left me!) and I was wondering how I could tell if she is in a head down position or a breech position. I was meaning to ask my doctor at my last appointment but I forgot and knowing me I'll forget next week as well. :(

I feel movement all over and honestly I cant tell what is a foot, a butt, a hand or a face so I'm a little lost. Any help would be much appreciated! :)
lol i know that feeling both of my girls was breech towards the end of my pregnancy and i had there little head sticking in my rib i thought it was there bottom and the midwife told me it was actually the babys head i think if your docs thought it was breech they would say to u with both of my girls they turned a week before i had them think they was just playing me up lol good luck hope ur pregnancy goes well
Avatar n tn
she is head down as along as you notice that here movement isn't down low anymore but now up high on yor stomach where you can see her move almost like a wave she is head down.  I am 9 minths and my boy is head down and I first noticed it when I saw him move and it looks like a wave in my upper belly, then the ultrasound confirmed it.  Congratulations, relax and don't worry and everything will go nice and smooth:)
Honestly, my doctor always tells me once that time comes.  He just says "Well baby's head is down".  I agree with other's posts in that your doctor would probably tell you if the baby wasn't in the right position.  But as far as feeling movement....I feel movement up high and down low until the very end.  So my experience was different than JennaJohnson.  I feel movement very low until the very end...And I have 5.  
See my doctor doesn't really feel the baby out. He measures my belly and that is it... I'm just worried (how can you help it!) and just want to make sure she is in the right position when she decides to make her big entrance! :)
That's weird about the doctor not feeling your stomach.  When is your next appt.??  I would just point blank ask the doctor during your next appt.  He'll probably feel then!!!
ChitChatNine enjoying fall-like weather ! Comment
1 hr ago
aiyanas_momma commented on photo
KeeLolo, and aiyanas_momma commented on aiyanas_momma's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy