Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
How does ovulation pain or implantation feel like?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi ladies. Just wondering what ovulation pain and implantation feel like. What's the difference and when in your cycle do you experience implantation cramps?
For me, ovulation pain is sharp, twisting cramps low in my pelvis on either side of my pubic bone....I always know when I'm ovulating from the cramps; they're very sharp and last a few minutes in waves (a few minutes here, a few minutes there, and then they go away).

I had implantation cramping with both pregnancies about 6-8 days after ovulation so for me that meant about cycle day 17-19 (I used to ovulate on day 10 and have a 24-day cycle like clockwork, lol) but most women with average 28-day cycles would probably feel implantation cramps anywhere from cycle day 20 to cycle day 24. implantation cramps were just a sharp spot like someone poking you in the belly with a pen in one spot...it was brief, not very painful, and never recurred. I obviously can't be sure that's what it was, but the thing I remember the most clearly as far as cramping after implantation was that (sorry tmi here) the first orgasm I had after conceiving was always very painful and I cramped like crazy....both times that happened I tested positive for pregnancy a few days later.

did any of that help? lol

did any of that help? lol
hi,

i am cd 22 and am usually a 30/31 day cycle. yesterday and today only for a few minutes in the morning ive had a dull ache in my right hand side, its low down towards the bottom of my stomach. then it just went. could it be implantation pains with me? am ttc baby number 4, having what i think are a few symptoms (but they could just be in my head). boobs feeling sore and heavy, sense of smell has increased (usual symptom for me early on) and feeling more tired than usual.
it feels like ovulation, like a stitch you get when exercising
Thank you!  What you say makes a lot of sense.  I think I've been experiencing ovulating pains because I am cd 17 or 18 so and my cycle is usually 28-30 days so it would be too early to experience implantation cramps.

It's weird though...I've never felt this before and I've had this ovulating pain all day yesterday (on and off) and today again too. I'm just happy my body is finally starting to give me cues as to when I can ttc.  

Thanks ladies for all the feedback! :)
So i have not felt what implantation feels like but i am able to feel when i ovulate every month and for me it is similar to what the ladies above have stated, mild cramping that comes and goes, mine always is more sharp on which side the egg is coming from, seems to be more from the left. My sister in law says she never has any kind of sign that she is ovulating, and wishes she would. So if you are experiencing ovulation symptoms its a lucky thing :O)
Thanks so much for the feedback!  I'm very happy now that I am able to know when I am ovulating because I was just like your sister in law.  I didn't feel anything for a while.  I think my system is beginning to work normally now that I am in cycle 4 post miscarriage.
I've been having symptoms of pregnancy but the bleeding is still weird, it happened a few days ago in the morning then stopped and now its doing it again. I don't know what to do... or what to think.
On monday the 21st i had a possitive on a digital preg test, then i had 8 negatives. I am now experiencing spotting and cramping and im due on 5/2 im so cofussed and have no idea what to do next. Please help
It's sounds like a chemical mc. I have had 3 and what u r saying was exactly what happened to me :-(
My ovulation pain is really sever! It changes side every month. I actually couldn't get out of bed last time :( that's was may last year.. I'm not looking forward to that again.
I have such painful OV cramps that I wish I couldn't feel it! :( when I found out what these cramps were, I realised that I'd had them since I was about 13 when my period first started, back then I had no idea what it was, just assumed I ate something bad or held onto my pee for too long etc.

It's two ends of the spectrum, those that wish they could feel it and those that wish they couldn't. It's horrible having terrible period cramps then terrible OV cramps ~2weeks later then more AF cramps another 2w later.

I've never been pregnant and am currently not TTC, so can't say what implantation feels like. But OV is low down in abdomen (where you would expect your uterus to be) very sharp stabbing pains more severe on the side releasing the egg (it changes L or R from month to month or every other month) sometimes is so bad it interupts what I'm doing or I double over in pain or I have to go lay down with heat pack. Usually have lasting dull cramping and bloaty feeling for the rest of the day and next day too.
OctoberMommy2014 commented on photo
OctoberMommy2014 commented on KeeLolo's status
OctoberMommy2014 posted Colby Lee's 8-month ... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy