Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
How long did you wait to have...sex after a D&C?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I hate to ask this question, but my doctor said pelvic rest for 6 weeks. He didn't give a reason and I wondered if it was normal or if it was really ok, he just doesn't want me prego again until after a period? I was 7 weeks and 3 days when the heart stopped beating. I had been bleeding on and off the whole pregnancy due to birth control pills that they put me on when I was only days pregnant. We had no way of knowing at that time that I was pregnant though, blood and urine tests said neg. The pills were to regulate me because I skipped a cycle.
Any advice would help. I'm thinking about calling my doctor to ask.
My dr. said no sex for 2weeks. And to wait 3cycles before trying again. Well, we only waited week and we got pregnant again after only one cycle....Im so sorry you have to go though this...its very hard....Good Luck
My dr. told me to wait one cycle but did say that if i didn't that the only reason they ask to wait is it will make it harder to determine how far along  i would be but with an ultrasound they would be able to figure it out. Hope that helps and good luck. Baby dust!!
After my D &C I waited 2 1/2 weeks just to let my body heel and get back to normal!
MY doc said you can have sex after your bleeding stops (2-3 weeks)..
aww im sorry for you loss hun!

Maybe he just feels you need more rest!

Well, I called my doctor's office and I am so glad to say that I was told after 2 weeks it should be ok. They don't usually say that because they have had some women come in days or a week later bleeding like a stuck pig due to being too rough too early. I was told to listen to my body, if it hurts don't do it, go slow and if I get pregnant then it is ok, but a due date will just be a little harder to determine. I only spotted 6 days after my D&C and have no spotting or anything now. Prayerfully we will have a watermelon seed that sticks this time   :)
Thanks to all for the answers and support!
KeeLolo commented on photo
KeeLolo, KTowne, and hansen20 commented on veronica0808's status
KTowne commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy