How soon can I expect to begin labor after MUCUS PLUG is gone?
Hello everyone.   I think I lost my mucus plug last night a little bit and then the rest of it this morning... I think.  It looked like snot (TMI), but no blood or anything.    I don't think I'm having contractions or anything, but it sure feels like Baby is nudging downwards very hard.  He or she is nudging into my pelvis and causing pressure on my tailbone.  He or she is being very aggressive with movements now and there is alot of pressure coming out my abdomen and pushing into my back... I am 37 weeks now, so I'm not concerned about development or anything.
This is my first pregnancy so I really don't know what pains and discomfort to expect.  
How long do you think it'll be before I begin to actually go into labor?  Or are some of these movements the beginning signs ... Baby is showing alot of strength which is really not usual.
Okay.  I just googled mucus plug.  It does sound like you have lost it but the site I just read on said that you can lose your plug days or weeks before going into labor.  It says that it does of course mean that labor is on the way.  I would just pay very close attention to how your body itself is feeling.  If you notice your abdomen tightening up for several seconds at a time and at regular intervals, I'd call the doctor.  If you start having back pains, I'd also call your doctor.  Before doing that, try laying down.  If the pains don't go away after resting, it probably is labor.  That' how you know the difference between braxton hicks and the real thing.  If you are really in labor, rest won't make that go away.  If you notice any brown or pink or red in the mucus, I'd call the doctor.  That's called bloody show.  That means the cervix is thinning.  They may or may not ask you to go to the hospital; probably not if you aren't having contractions but it wouldn't hurt to call them.  Especially with the long holiday coming.  Good luck and please keep us posted!!!
I lost my mucus plug and my baby came 3 days later!!!  BUT I was dilated to 2.5 cm and 90% effaced...she was born at 37 weeks exactly.  You are getting close!!!!!
You can lose your mucous plug and not have baby for weeks. Or you can have your baby without ever losing the mucous plug that you're aware of.

The pressure you feel from baby is because the baby has dropped into your pelvis, ready for delivery, but can stay there for weeks as well.

You won't know you're in labor until you have consistent, strong contractions. TRUE labor contractions will not stop when you change position. They are intense and will become more intense. If you start having contractions for about 30 minutes and then they stop for 30 minutes, you're not in true labor.
When I lost my mucus plug I had my two boys/two pregnancies within a day!  Good luck to you!
I lost my mucus plug and 4 days later went into labor but I had a little spot of blood and the day I went into labor I woke up feeling like I had to go take a number 2 and I tried 6 times and I was in labor so it means your due very very soon...