How to Prevent Stretch marks
I am writing with a ? that my Daughter has.
We were talking about preventing stretch marks and she told me that her doctor said that she should not use coca butter to prevent them because it could hurt the baby.
I have never heard of this before, is it true,and if so how?
What can she use if not cocoa butter since every lotion or cream out there contains cocoa butter.or could he have just been talking about straight cocoa butter?
Does anyone know of a good product that would help her with preventing them. She is tiny and weighs about 101 pre pregnancy and I hate to see her end up with them. She is only 20 and I hate to see her lose her self confidence over those things. They robbed me of mine! I still can't stand to look at them.  I had 4 girls after that but not another stretch mark!
I read they are heredity but I don't realy believe that. I didn't get any till I was 2 weeks late and the Doctor acted like I didn't know the date when I was due.
I was 3 weeks late when my Mom and Aunt told me about the Castor oil trick, thank goodness for it or I'd probablly still be pregnany and that was 30 years ago. LOL
Good Luck to all you Mommy's to Be!
Cocoa butter can't hurt the baby... I have never heard that. Some doctors are idiots. Mine tried saying "NO SEX TIL BABY IS BORN"... WTH? (what the h*ll)

He told that to ALL women who came to see him and were pregnant.
There's not a way to really prevent stretchmarks.  It's all based on genetics.

By the way CONGRATS nana! :) (srry if that made you wince). I'm 22 and on my second baby. I got pretty decent amts of stretchmarks on my belly and boobs and used lotions and coacoa and shea butters daily... it didn't help.

BUT If she gets them she can fade them out as they heal after baby is born. That's really all I can suggest.
Stretch marks cannot really be prevented. It's a part of pregnancy and most women with experience them in some shape or form. With my first, I got them around 34 or 35 weeks. They are just on my sides and you can barely see them. My mom never got a single stretch mark. It has to do with the elasticity of your skin. Some women have really good elasticity and others don't. All creams and lotions will do is keep your skin well conditioned as the belly grows and stretches. I use cocoa butter cream everyday have never been told it was bad to use. Congrats and good luck with everything.
Cocoa butter will not harm the baby, that's crazy talk lol

There really is no way to prevent them, it's all in the genes.
Try a vitamin E lotion with collogin and elastin. It helps to stretch the skin, makes it more elastic so the stretch marks aren't as bad. I barely had any at all with my first just one or two. With my second I didn't use it like I should have and ended up with a bit more but it does work real well.
cocoa butter won't prevent stretch marks. i was religously using cocoa butter and i still got em on my belly. they're not super dark but they're still there.
It's all about genetics here hon.  I lathered my belly day and night with cocoa butter and still got them.  I was stretch mark free until my last month of pregnancy.  Some people get them, some don't.  Mine were very light so you can't really see them.  But unfortunately, there is no way to avoid them.
Bio Oil.. I didnt use it during pregnancy cause it wasnt out where I lived but now it is and my stretch marks are so faded u cant tell they are there. Its at walmart.. comes in a  clear bottle and is a pinkish oil.. its recommended for pregnancy
I was 102 prepreg too and I am 5' tall.  My mom had 6 kids and horrendous stretch marks from all of us.  I have used any/all stretch mark cream starting before I got pregnant and I have one little mark that comes from my prior belly piercing.  I have used bio oil, stretch mark cream and vitamin E oil.  I lather my belly religiously 3 times a day at least.  IF my belly isn't shiny, I lube up again. I am 10 days from delivery and so far, just the little mark less than an inch long

Good luck
During the last few weeks of my first pregnancy, we rotated doctors in the office, in case my regular doctor couldn't deliver me.  After looking at my horrendous craters on my belly (HUGE/WIDE stretch marks), he told us a story regarding him and his wife.

As a doctor, he wanted to see if there was anything that would help prevent these from coming through, so everyday during his wife's pregnancy, he put cocoa butter on 1/2 of his wife's stomach to see if it really helped or not (interesting experience).

In the end - - - - it didn't help.  She got the marks on both sides of her stomach.  All I kept thinking was....what if it HAD worked and she only had stretch marks on 1/2 of her stomach.  That would look even worse.

So - - I believe it is genetics.
I meant to say "interesting experiment".