Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
How would I know...

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

How would I know...

Very nervous! So my daughter will be my first child and I am nervous that when the time comes I won't know what to do. For instance, how would I know I have lost my mucus plug, being that I have experienced discharge ALL my life. Heavy and Light.
Also, when will I know I have contractions being that I have experienced period cramps from horrible to very easy. Don't want to miss my opportunity in getting any medicine lol
You will know love...I was induced so I'm not sure about the mucus plug but contractions you will def be able to tell...if they make you fall over in pain chances are in labor lol and I'm like you discharge all my life but they say your mucus plug looks more like snot
When you feel discomfort you watch a clock and write it down. Your doctor should let you know when to come in. I was induced after 25 hrs of contradictions and no progess my first baby. I cannot say you'll know for sure. I thought baby flipped and I was having a spasm ... But that's why doctors give you numbers to call.
I've had 3 children and have never seen a mucus plug or a bloody show so dont worry about that. You will know when contractions come, its too hard to really describe, but you have to concentrate through them, you cannot talk or think about anything else while you haveone. You'll be fine, dont worry about it :)
Don't worry you will know the contrations are a horrible pain :( you won't be Abel to talk or even think of anything while your getting them
I had my baby last week and I wanted to go natural until they gave me petosin the contractions were the most horrible painful thing ever I already had 2 natural labors with no medicine but with petosin I had to get the epidural because the contractions were excruciating!!
Whew! Now I am nervous about labor lol but thanks ladies.
I have the same worries! Ftm
I never lost my mucus plug. I was having severe back pain, and the doctor told me to come in and get monitored since I was almost 39 weeks. I could not sit straight I was hurting so bad. When they hooked me up to the monitor, they told me that is what a contraction felt like.  I got sent home after 5hours since they were Braxton Hicks, but a day later, I woke up at 2am, noticing the intensity was worse and I couldn't walk hardly when i had a contraction. In short, you will know because you cannot get comfortable no matter how many warms baths, sitting style, laying down, and etc you try.
Thanks!!!
KTowne, and KeeLolo commented on KTowne's status
Dee1956 commented on photo
miss_may95 added the Weight Tracker
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy