Hyperemesis Gravidarum or Morning Sickness?
I'm 7 weeks pregnant today. I have been puking non-stop for going on 3 weeks now. I cannot keep anything down and I've already been to the ER. I just got an OB appointment but it's not until the 19th of September. I feel absolutely miserable I weighed close to 160 before I got pregnant and now I weigh 144. I cannot get off the couch I cannot eat I cannot drink and I'm so exhausted I can't move I throw up every few hours even if it's nothing in my stomach besides stomach juices. I've tried the dry Foods I've tried sipping on water sipping on Gatorade I've tried Ginger I've tried Zofran I don't know what to do and I don't want to be anything worse than morning sickness.
Hi, I can understand how tough this must be for you. Your post reminds me of my friend who suffered from HG during BOTH her pregnancies. She would throw up around 50 times a day and barely even leave her room. she had no strength to walk to the washroom to throw up, so started keeping a bucket next to her for it. In her case, it lasted till the second trimester, but you should feel better by the end of the first trimester when your body gets used to the pregnancy.

My friend also lost a lot of weight and had to be hospitalized once to be put on drip because she couldn't kep any food down.

Btw, you shouldn;t be taking zofran, right? Hasn;t it been recalled?

Wish you all the best and don;t worry about the baby's nutrition right now since a fetus is a parasite and will get the required nutrition from your body stores. Just concentrate on you feeling better. Hugs