I just want to go already!!!
Whats better...castor oil or sex for putting you into labour??
How far along are you?  I'm 37 weeks and feel the same way!  Unfortunately I can't answer your question being this is my 1st....but I'll be anxious to see what replies you get!  Good luck!
I"m nowhere near as far as you two but I am anxious as well so when I do get to that point I can already have an idea of what to do LOL.
Sex would probably be more fun LOL I hear that castor Oil can give you the craps.... but i hear it does work pretty well most the time.... Try both LOL but I would suggest sex first!
Um, no castor oil!!! You are setting yourself up for disaster. It only works 50% of the time, and you will get diarreha, sometimes vommitting, horrible cramps, a headache, it's just totally not worth it. Plus if you go into labour and the nurses find out you used castor oil, they aren't usually the nicest people.
I went into labour by having sex... doggy style... lol We had sex, and less than 24 hrs later I was in labour. Sex usually works far more aften than castor oil, and it involves a lot less mess! However, if you choose to try  sex to go into labour, check with your dr that you aren't already dialated slightly, or it could be cause for infection.
Good luck though, whichever route you choose to attempt! =)
I would try sex.. I heard Castor Oil doesn't necessarily induce labor but ALWAYS causes stomach issues (diareeah, cramps, etc.) Eww. isn't being THAT pregnant uncomfortable enough all on it's own? I personally wouldnt want to do ANYTHING that would make it worse! =P

I am 31.5 weeks and SO OVER BEING PREGNANT! Uggh. I wish I had better advice! Good luck to you and keep us posted!
Well i dipped my finger in the castor oil and decided to not drink it as it tasted like cr*p!! lol....so im going with the evening primrose oil and the rasberry leaf tea!!  Ill keep you updated!
so i tried the oil and the tea and im thinking it truly might happen tonight! MY belly has been really crampy for the past two hours...im going to really try and jump df and see do that move things along more!! :) wish me labour dust ill keep you posted!!
I have no idea how i missed this post earlier lol..

baby many of LABOR dust to you!!!!
lol...i really hope it happens tonight! I really cant take it no more...i am to the point where i am ready to go to the hospital and say take it out!! lol...oh mie...i have had a headache all day and now i am gone stomcah sick...well a lil nausouse!! And i have had the shi*s!! LOL all great signs to go in labour! Lets hope !!
lol well jump in and jump him good!  LMAO  
Start your nesting.  I cleaned my house top to bottom before I was supposed to be induced the next day and I cleaned until 11:30pm and went into labor at 12:30am that nite before my scheduled induction at 8am.  
i went to dr and was 38wks and he said i was only 1-2cm and  went home and mixed castrol oil w orange juice and drank that and i started getting "the bloody show" with in hours and was supposed to b induced next morning but was told that hurts worse so thats y i did the oil and wen i went in at 6am they wldnt give the pitocin bc i was contraction GOOD and dialated to 4 and wen dr came in he broke water and did pitocing so i truly believe in the castrol oil bc thats how i came into thios world..lol...my granmother made my mom drink that **** and YES it is NASTY but does trick i believe and i WILL b doing it again w this preg just right now its a little to early... only 24 wks
i give up..
i tired it all..i cant stomcah the castor oil,,if i took it i know right after i would throw it up so..im drinking my tea and stopping the oil pills because i think it gave me high blood pressure last night!! I read that it can and i got sooooo sick,..and light headed!! WEll thats it for now..ill post later!
Listen be very careful ok!!!!! i think i have sais this to you b4 but cant stress it enough, i was in your situaton with my first son and took castor oil with orange juice you mix about 2 tablespoons to a glass of oj anyway the taste made me feel sick but i kept it down, within an houror two i was violently ill !!!!!!!!!! :( it makes your stomach contract which agravates your uterus and bowel and gives you the runs too!!!! high volumes of oil can give you blood pressure problems and kidney probs too! i was sick for about 3 days straight and never went into labour till 2 weeks later! dont do the oil! i hear rasberry leaf tea is good and  honestly GO FOR A RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked for me, I couldnt even fit my running shoes at the time so went bare foot around the park next door with my toddler following i just kept running just slowly like jogging till i was a little breatheless but not stuffed, then came home had sex doggie style and 4 hrs later went into labour at 38 wks!!!! GO DO IT!!!
yeah im going to go lie down first,,,now sleep again last night!! lol...whatta know!! haha..then im getting up and cleaning this house and going for a walk..and maby take another hot bath!! See do it work!
NO not a HOT bath !!!!!! not good for baby, warm is fine but not Hot ok! be careful yes run not walk! would love to see that! i must have looked so funny running! lol
You need to take a step back. A normal pregnancy is 40 weeks. Now you've been on here posting about how bad you wnt to get this baby out...desperation...like the women who are actually at 42 weeks when you're not even due yet. Your baby will come when it is good and ready to come. you could have another month to go you kknow. Plus I think you are putting both you and your baby in danger by doing these home remedies.
Hun i have dont tons of research about what i put in my mouth and what not!! I would never do anything to harm my baby! I have just had soo much trouble with this pregnancy that i want the baby out! I have plently of medical problems i deal with and being huge and not being able to put on my shoes anymore just adds to it!! I know i will not go much longer anyways..and doing any of the remedies i am doing wont work unless baby is totally ready to come out!! Its the same ad anybody this far along having sex and going into labour..docs dont tell you to stop having sex...!! And im only drinking the tea so what harm is that!! If its going to make it an easier labour on me!! WHen you get this far youll feel the same!!
WOW!!  I feel you on that one Rosa20 nobody knows how YOU feel but YOU so if you have the need to post about the home remedies you decided that YOU wanted to try then feel free to do it hun I'm behind ya 100%!!!
thank - u :)
At the risk of getting too graphic here, I induced my labor with my daughter. I was almost 2 weeks past due and I had to have her, I was scheduled for my dr to induce me that following week, and I had sex and I was so big we had to switch places and that  broke my water...so I sort of induced my own labor...I didn't know I was about to do that, but I did...It was not a pretty site for either of us...lol..He was like, what the heck was that????
Well, sex is alot better than the castor oil any day. If you have ever had really bad diarrhea that is what the castor oil will make you feel like. You could try having your partner "sweep" your cervix as foreplay. To do this have him rub in a circular motion around your cervix. This is what doctors do to see if they can get labor under way. Between that and his deposit, maybe that will get you going. Please ladies do not try this before 37 weeks.
can he reach it though!! lol..
haha i have never heard of it before!! But i dont know if he will considering he doesnt even want to..well he wants to but wont..because of the baby!! lol...He wont have sex so i have nothing else to try but wait..sence i started taking the tea i have had stronger bh and tightenings..espically when i walk up the stairs or do laundry!! Im getting a bath in a bit to see if that moves things along!! I think i would be afraid to do the sweep thing myself! Is it dangerous! ??
I wouldn't think it's dangerous, since doctors do it.  But it's not digging your finger or nail into your cervix, it's just rubbing it, which would cause some sensation to bring on a big more contractions!  But you know, if you try it yourself, you may be able to tell if your dialating at all...lol.  
How do you tell that!! lol
ahh i think the baby has engaged!! I havent had to use my puffers in a couple days!! This is a good sign!!
LOL  yeah if you feels tons of pressure s/he is likely engaged yay!  But if you can breath better!!!  =)  Ummm, let's see if I can remember, the dialation thing, if you can feel your cervix, it'll be the opening.  Have to be extra careful to not break your water, lol...maybe it's not such a good idea?  LMAO