Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
I need help!!! I dont know what to think. hcg levels rising very slow a...

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I need help!!! I dont know what to think. hcg levels rising very slow and no gestational sac seen.

I shouls be 7 wks  3d according to my lmp as of today 6/21/11.  I had a positive hpt on 5/28 then started spotting on 6/1 waited till the 11th of June to go to the er, at that time they said i was still preg and my lvl were 920, 2days later i started cramping and seen small clots. I went back to the er they did a u/s Reg and trans vag didn't see anything in uterus or tubes and my lvl was 1026, I was kept overnight in l&d to be monitered. i went home the13th, she sent me to get hcg test again Wed. Which was 1352 the bleeding stopped the following day and has not returned, no pain or cramping I got hcg done again The 18th its now at 1799. I don't know what to think the drs Are not sayin ne thing but that it could be ectopic or still normal 3 u/s and none show nothing n e where, no sac or nothing ... what should I think? I feel fine no pain no bleeding now. Has this happened to ne one could I had lost the baby but why would my levels keep rising? I've recently had 2 m/c and my daughter is almost 10. Please help if you can.
Your levels definitely aren't rising normally, but that doesn't mean it's not a viable pregnancy.  At this point, it's difficult to tell.  It sounds very close to an ectopic or blighted ovum.  Your LMP is really only a good indicator for dating if you have a normal 28-30 day cycle.  If they don't see anything in your tubes yet, it could just be too small.  I had a blighted ovum last year that didn't even show up until I was almost 9 weeks, and a sac finally showed up but it was empty and in the wrong spot.  I will keep you in my thoughts that you just have a very shy bean.....ssbd to you!
That's what the drs have been saying, I feel fine now, no bleeding  or pain still have preg symptoms.... my cycle is normally every 26 days. Could this be a cause of anything? I am so scared and this waiting game is not a chosen game to play...  thank you. I'll keep updating as I find out what's happening to my unborn child and myself.... luk3 you said hopefully its just shy and in hiding...
There's no real cause, and it's nothing you did.  Sometimes it just isn't meant to be.  Unfortunately, with a blighted ovum, there is usually no pain or bleeding.  A sac will grown pretty normal, just nothing shows up inside.  When we finally all agreed on what it was, I was given a methotrexate shot to naturally miscarry.
The fact that your HCG levels are not doubeling is not usually a good sign, granted there are cases where is does not always double but typically you would want your HCG to double every 48-72 hours. It is good they are monitoring you by U/S so they can be sure it is not ectopic. Not long ago I was having my blood monitored and it was not doubeling, U/S finally showed a sac in the uterus so they knew it was not ectopic, but it didnt grow well and there was never a heartbeat. Keep getting monitored and watched, but do know that your slow rising HCG is not usually a good sign and usually mean you will M/C. By the way I did not have any pain throughout the 10 weeks I was pregnant even though it wasnt viable, no spotting, cramping......ended up having a D&C since my body didnt seem to want to do it on its own
Thanks for your comments ladies. I just don't know what to do. I'm so tired of getting pregnant and it not lasting. This will be the 3rd baby I lost if I loose this one too, my husband and I don't want to tell anyone till we know for sure eats gonna happen. This is so hard.
It is hard, but since this is your 3rd, request testing to see what is going on.  There could be an easy fix that they haven't caught just yet.  My prayers and thoughts go out to you.  Sadly, many of us have been in this position and it never gets easier.  Luckily, there are places like MH to get support and love from women all over the world.
I agree with sheaby, ask your Dr. about testing. during my D&C the Dr. collected some of the tissue and had it tested. The lab said it was a chromosome abnormality, but if it hadnt been they would have run some testing on me.
Yes I  had spoken with my Dr. about testing once this preg is over. I thank you ladies so much for speaking with me, its hard not being able to tell anyone what's going on...this Dr hasn't called me back since last Thursday to tell me what else us going on with me it what to do. I got the last lvl of 1799 from the secretary... I made an appt at another place but they can see me till Wed. I just keep praying and leaving it in gods hands..
I just came from an ultrasound and they said its nothing in my uterus. I haven't passed anything or been bleeding till yesterday which is very light and no clots what could be going on, they said to make an appt with my ob Dr. To have some testing done which is on tues I am so confused and scared.
At this point do you know how far you are? At some point if your HCG is not rising and a sac is not seen then the Dr. will talk to you about your options, generally a D&C or some sort of shot to help you M/C. It is best to go to the OB and see what they think and what your options are. It is scary but you will get through it!! Best of Luck!!
Thanks Liz, I am 9  wks today. I have an appt for tues with the ob to see what's going on. I hope its not in my tubes cause I still feel pregnant and have all the same symptoms the us Dr said I could've miscarried already but I just got another positive test from the ob Dr 2 days ago as well an just started bleeding after almost 3 weeks no clots or anything
Ok so its finally over the waiting and wondering... it was an ectopic pregnancy and I had to go in for the methotrexate shot to have the baby desolved.... I'm sad but at least it was caught before my tube ruptured. My last hcg on 7/5/11 was 2322 so really nor a big increase for a two week break in level checks...Thanks again for your help ladies...
sorry to hear this pregnancy ended but am happy you finally have some answers and can start to move forward rather than the long waiting game.  
Bri_Bri1113 commented on Boy or Girl!!?? -lets...
Risa615 commented on photo
Risa615 commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy