ICE vs. WATER...
Okay this is my second pregnancy and it's true when they say every pregnancy is different. I'm 39 weeks pregnant and I've developed a craving for ice this last trimester. But I'm curious to know how is it that eating ice is bad but drinking water and staying hydrated is good. Ice is water...lol this is truly a brain teaser for me.
I think they just say its bad during pregnancy cause its bad for your teeth. Everything I've read about says its not bad during pregnancy. Lol
Lol oh okay..well from that aspect I understand.
It's not bad to eat ice, it's bad to crave it because it isn't food? Kinda makes no sense but it's your body's way of letting you know your missing something.  Maybe anemic,  or low iron.  Could be either or something totally different. I wanted crushed ice from dairy queen the just trimester of my last pregnancy & my husband mentioned it to my doctor as he was joking about going on food runs...DR ordered blood test & I was severely anemic & had no idea other then the I've cravings.
It could be a sign of pica I think it's called. It's an iron deficiency. I would bring it up to your doctor.
Yea I'm on iron pills. Since being on them I've cut back but I just can not cut out ice completely. Hopefully it'll come to an end once I give birth.
Its most likely an iron deficiency, its not PICA unless you crave other things that aren't food. Since your On iron, my guess is that it would be habit that's making you eat it more than anything.
If you suck on the ice I'm sure it's fine I think it's referring to craving eating ice chewing ice is terrible for our teeth especially since firing pregnancy our teeth is extra sensitive