Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Infant bradycardia in the womb.

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Infant bradycardia in the womb.

Hi Dear.
my wife just had a a baby born on the 24th. baby was 39 weeks and few days. while in the L&D room waiting delivery baby had bradycardia in the womb that lasted about 10 minutes. the nicu team was in there and every one was trying to regain the baby's heart rate. my wife was given a shot of epinephrine to increase both her and the baby's heart rate. baby's heart rate did come back up to 140's after 10 minutes and the baby was delivered vaginally with in the next half hour. up on delivery the OB noticed that the cord was around the nick and clamped then cut the cord. Baby had appgars   of 6 and 9. Baby was a little shocky,grunting and some mild retractions and had some retained fluids in the lungs. My question is that should i be worried about any long term effects . I thanks you in advance.
Daud.
no your baby had pretty good apgar scores....my baby had very low apgars when she was born..she was corded as well and wasent breathing..as soon as the got her breathing she was fine..she just had her fourth birthday and is smarter then ME!! lol A great percentage of babys are bron corded..its not a uncommon thing!!
KeeLolo, and KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
33 mins ago
KTowne commented on photo
1 hr ago
KeeLolo commented on photo
1 hr ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy