Is cramping in early pregnancy normal?
I am almost 6W pregnant and I have been having cramping really since I found out 2 weeks ago. My nurse says this is totally normal and I have looked on-line and it says cramping in 1st trimester is totally normal. I have had no spotting, but keep reading if you have cramping to call your Doctor. I also talked to my friend today who has had 2 kids and she said she never had cramps and she sounded concerned about that. They are not bad, but are very noticeable. Thanks!
It's fairly normal for me to have late periods sometimes. Usually my breasts get sore for about a week before my menstrual cycle. Well the last two times I had my period my friend and I were synched up. So my period was finally being fairly normal..

My period is now a little over two weeks late. I took a test about 4 days ago in the afternoon and it was negative. The line in the control window showed up. The next window was supposed to have a negative line or a positive line. Well the negative line showed up really lightly. I thought I could barely, barely at all see a plus sign.. but couldn't figure out if I was just convincing myself or not. Was I seeing where the line would appear, or was I actually seeing a line? Anyway I just assumed it was negative.

I am having very, very dull light cramps and my breasts are beginning to get sore. But lately I have felt very bloated, have been getting heart burn after eating, and most odd of all.. my temperature has stayed steady at 99.1 for nearly a week.

Could I be pregnant?
Hi ladies. I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one going through this. I found out on Friday that I'm 6 weeks pergnant. This is my 3rd child. With my first two pregnancy I didn't have any cramps. With this one I get alot of period cramps and pressure in my abdominal going down my private. I'm very concern about this. I have to wait for friday to see my doc and it seems forever lol. Some people say that is normal. I'm concern cuz my sister went through the same thing. When she went to the hospital cuz it was time it turns out that the baby didn't make it. She went through alot. So thats why I'm very concern. As soon as I find out wats going on I will let you ladies know. God bless and Congrats
4 weeks preggers and experiencing on and off cramping..no bleeding. The nausea has kicked in and is getting a little bit more pronounced each day. As much as I cramp on and off, I am comforted in a weird way by my nausea because I know my hormones continue to rise and thats a good sign. This is my third. Good luck to everyone.
my period is due today, i have had some light cramping but nothing like my normal period..every month they have been pretty bad but this time they are like a dull ache. Could i be pregnant?
Hi ladies. I’m 19 and 12 weeks pregnant. I had sex last friday with my boyfriend and had nothing wrong that night. The next day, saturday, I woke up fine and went out to do some errands. when I got home around 4-5ish, I started cramping menstrual-like cramps so they weren’t that bad. Then 20 min later, it got way worse and I had to lay down. I couldn’t move or else they hurt even more. Eventually, I had to use the bathroom and when I did, this big glob of blood came out. about the size of golf ball i guess and I wiped and it was bright blood. I started bleeding so I grabbed a pad and put it on and went back to laying down. I felt the urge to go to the bathroom again and the same thing happened, it came out the same size and color. Then I went back to laying down. Third time I went to the bathroom it happened again and i called my mom and she told me to lay down and rest with an ice pack on my belly. The cramping was the same 5 min apart, felt like it was stretching inside and this was all happening in 2-3 hours. I went to the bathroom one more time before I ate, and the glob of blood had stuff that looked like tissue in it. I filled up two pads and have been using them ever since saturday. I’m very scared. The pain is all gone and never happened again so far. I have a doctor’s appointment today and my first ultrasound, so I’m praying for everything to turn out fine. If you have any advice, please let me know. Thank you and God Bless.

My period which is always the same day every month straight down to the time is 1 day late. i have been having cramping but nothing major and unlike my normal period where the first day it starts its usually a moderate flow, i have a barely noticable light pink spotting and its not continueous, just when i wipe and not even all the time. I took a preg test today and two lines says it positive, well in the control window there was the dark pink line to show that the test worked and in the results window was a barely visiable light light pink line...what do you all make of it? oh and the only preg symptoms i have are fatigue and increased appitite only once in a while do i feel a bit sick to my stomach. i should add that this will be my 6th pregnancy. i have 2 children the rest were m/c's
Hello, I have three children all by c-section. I am 39 years old and I got pregnant again. I was 7 weeks two days ago~!! I woke up this morning, Mother's day of all days) and I had light cramping which got a little bit worse. I went ot the bathroom and wiped myself and had brown bleeding. I was getting more cramps for like two hours. I had to go to the bathroom again and I wiped this time it was brown and then I felt   a little drip, and then it was a little spot twice of red blood. My breasts have also stopped hurting. I feel I have had a miscarriage. I see my Gyn/OBGYN on Wednesday the 13th of May. I have had four pregnancies before and never had a miscarriage-(where I lost the baby myself). I was only 22 when I had my daughter, 26 when I had my first son and 36 when I had my second son. Although,before my second son thought at 19 weeks because I was 35 they asked to do a aminocytesis. Me and my husband read the facts on Amnio and it seemed pretty safe. By this point I had three ultrasounds, one at 7 weeks and they seen the embryo and the heartbeat and then one by my regular OBGYN at 12 weeks and very strong heartbeat. Then when I went to the specialist to have the Amnio it was almost 19 weeks-18 weeks 5 days. They did a ultrasound before hand and told me it was a girl and everything was perfect. Mesaurements everything~!!!!! They did the Amnio, I had cramping which was to be expected. I had no signs of any problems and had my regular OBGYN Appointment four days later. He took me in the office started to measure me and then asked me when I had the Amnio? He was reading over paperwork and I wish people could have been there, he asked at least five times when did I have the Amnio?9 My husabdn and I knew somethign was wrong because he was lookign at the paperwork right in front of him) He then went to check the heartbeat and nothing. So he took me into the ultrasound room and it was a fetal demise. The worst part was he was readin the growth date of 18 weeks and 6 days so the baby had died in-utero a day after I had the Amnio. I know alot of people would probably say they are safe but, the doctor who did my D&C at University of Pennsyvania straight out told me it caused it because they received the tissue tests back and there was nothing wrong with my fetus or myself~!!! I do not know, I feel my own body and am sure I had a miscarriage today or it started. but, I only bleed when I wiped myself and brown in my underwear for a little while no tissue type or blood clots~!!! for like a half a hours and it was brown and it was only bleeding when I went to urinate and then wipe myself .I will see what the doctor states. I am sure if it was or is a miscarriage it might have not completed.that is why I only l had slight symptoms, I went to urinate~!!! God Bless everyone~!!! Please everybody stay positive. And if there is a medical professional or someone that has experience with this please let me know what you think~!!! Lynda C. from Atlantic City New Jersey
I am 7 wks. and have had mild cramping ever since I found out I was preggo 2 wks. ago. I mentioned it to my doc at first visit and she didn't seem overly concerned. This is my 2nd preg. my daughter is 12 and I didn't have any pain or anything with her. I now worry about every little twinge. If it wasn't for this forum I think my doc would have fired me as her patient. Thanks for everyone, I feel so much better.
Thank god for forums! I have been quite worried about my cramps (only 5 weeks in), no one ever mentioned cramps in pregnancy to me. My friend told me the most embarassing thing is when you loose control of your bowels and bladder while giving birth.... What other things are in store that no one tells us about?!
thank yall so much 4 helping me understand i had a m/c a couple months ago and im preg again i go 2 the doc feb 2 so i havent been yet but im happy scared and excitied allat the same time please pray for me thank you! i have had some minor camping the last couple days ive calculatedmyself at about 6 wks i have 2 boys now and  really want this baby!!! should i be worried i dont remember any cramping when i had my m/c>
Hi all... This site is very helpful. I'm a bit unsure whether I'm pregnant or not. I have a normal monthly period. I had my period for the month of Dec 2010 and for Jan 2011. Only my period for Jan was very different than it normally is. Also before it started my pms symptoms were so crazy I was almost sure I was pregnant. Then AF came like clock work for Jan month only it was different. No clotting and cramps were up until it ended(unusual for me cause I would normally have cramps the first 2 days my period starts only) which lasted 5 days (normal for me) now that my period has finished a week ago I still feel like I have it. Abdominal cramps on and off, bach ache, headaches on and off and now a sore throat but I don't feel flu'ish at all!! I don't understand. Its unlikely that I'm pregnant seeing that I had my period but I just can't shake the feeling that I might be(hoping I am) does anyone have advice for me pls?????
Sooooo relieved...I'm 6wks 5days and have been cramping throughout the day for 2 weeks now. No bleeding, no other bad signs..just "period like cramps!" Can be very unnerving! It seems to start up the more active I get...so I lay down and they go away..then I get up, start working and they come back...grrrrr...anyone else experience that?
try not to be stressed and be calm only time will tell.. may women experience these same things but you never really know until you wait. its sooo hard i know :p i believe babies cant be produced when a woman is stressed for a reason. stress can cause problems with your babies development because the extra stressful hormones you produce.. they can cause your baby to have high blood pressure and slight problems mentally they can be angered easily and or have moodiness more often then normal. when you are stressed you baby can be too try to think of them :] and only the positive best of luckk to all of you and your babies!<3
I believe I might be pregnant but have not got a test yet. But the past few days I have had unexplainable cramps that come and go but can get super sharp. Do you think I'm pregnant cause my period is not for another week?
i just found out im prego a couple days ago and ive been haveing cramping in my upper stomach and like fluttering. im not sure if thats normal i still have to call and make an appointment for the doctor.
I'm 8 weeks pregnant, I had spotting at 6 weeks, scan at 7 weeks and all was fine, strong cramping pains at 8 weeks. Hope everythings ok :/
I just found out I am pregnant with my second child a few days ago. this was only the second month we've been trying, last month I was certain I was pregnant and then got my period. so this month I just kinda ignored it and said it will happen when it happens. last week I started get signs of pms, cramps, bloated and I figured I wasn't pregnant, so this week I was still feeling crampy but my period never showed up. so 4 days after it was due I took a test, and it was positive!!! anyway, I am still having light cramps kind of a achy feeling, and a little lower back pain. I'm not overly concerned because I remember feeling a little crampy with my first and that pregnancy when just fine, just wanted to share with you all!!
I'm expecting my second child and I had my first  miscarriage about 3 mths ago and I'm cramping, no spotting or anything but I'm still worried bc I'm only 1 week!!! I'm very glad to know that it's some what normal ;) I just pray that I dont start spotting or bleeding! Congratulations to everyone.
When  I got pregnant I was having cramps and spotting for like three weeks and it just stoped thanks to God.Now I am three months pregnant.So if you are cramping you should call your doctor that way they will see you more and take care of your pregnancy.. If you do make shore to have a good doctor ,because I think the ER makes a lot of mistakes.Goodluck
I am 7 weeks pregnant, have had slight cramping, good to here its normal, I was getting worried.. This forum is great
I am having sharp pains through my belly i had a few with my first pregnancy but not like this am really worried
I am 7 weeks since the beginning of my last period, and have taken 3 pregnancy tests which have all turned up positive. I have menstrual-like cramps that come and go and I have read enough to see that many women have them and that it goes away BUT I have just ended 2 months straight of being sick with shingles, flu, kidney infection and bladder infection. To make things even scarier I was born with only one kidney, am on meds for Interstitial Cystitis as well as Post-Herpetic Neuralgia. So I am not sure if these conditions will have an impact and if the cramping is related to them or if it is normal. I apologize for being all over the place but I am concerned... can any reassurance be given?
Im 43 years old and found out that im pregnant, I didnt know that was even possible for my husband and me any longer, but im almost 8 weeks and have some cramping and some light back discomfort and I want this baby so bad and Im afriaid I might loose it.
Hya there, I am 41 and just found out i am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant i get the pains and the backache too, i also had a bit of bleeding when i was 6 weeks and still have a bit now, they did an ultrasound and said everything is fine, the pains are normal they told me i get them on both left and right sides down low also in my lower back and just under my ribs on both sides. I was so worried but they assured me everything is fine. I lost a little boy at 19 weeks he was born on xmas eve 2010 they induced me as he was fine at 18 weeks then a 3cm tumor appeared at 19 weeks so they induced labor as he wasn't going to make it and would have had a heart attack inside me before he was born and could have been fetal to me and the baby. Soooo like you i really want this baby i have 4 other children to my first partner of 20 years but i have now been married for nearly 2 years and the little boy i lost was my husbands 1st child then this little bean.
wishing you all the best with your pregnancy all lots and lots of Baby Dust to you. xx
I'm 6 weeks pregnant. and I'm having mild cramping too my friend never had them but my other friend has had them on both pregnancies.also i had one more friend that had tthe same thing but had a miscarriage twice. so I'm still worried and confused even tho my doctor didn't seem alarmed.
Hi Mimis89, i went in for an assessment appointment at the hospital today ive had cramping for quite a while now and spotting but they reassured me today its all normal i saw the heartbeat on an u/s quick scan at she counted that it was beating about 140bpm which is nice and strong. Cramping is all normal in the first 3 months as everything is stretching and pulling to make room for ur little one. Good Luck but all should be fine so try not to worry. :o)
I have been cramping for about a week now and it feels like my period is coming but I'm not suposse to start untill the 15th of this month but I'm worried that i am pregnant could i be? And it has almost been 2 weeks since i had sex.
I ovulate on the 18 of feb after i had ovulated I started to have some slight cramping off & on my nipple did icy for one day & I felt dizziness like the room was spending around & some nausea but nw I'm jst cramping & feeling nausea off & on some time could  I be pregnant
Im 9 weeks pregnant now, had a miscarriage two years ago.. and been trying for a baby ever since, now i'm pregnant ive been feeling so negative, every feeling i get, like light cramps, i think the worst, i don't know if it's normal or not.. I have been feeling sick, and exhausted, and emotional... thinking of those symptoms make me feel a bit better but as soon as the light cramps come back, i think somethings wrong.. help ? :\
Im 8 weeks pregnant now, had a miscarriage two years ago.. and been trying for a baby ever since, now i'm pregnant ive been feeling so negative, every feeling i get, like light cramps, i think the worst, i don't know if it's normal or not.. I have been feeling sick, and exhausted, and emotional... thinking of those symptoms make me feel a bit better but as soon as the light cramps come back, i think somethings wrong.. help ? :\
Im 10 weeks 6 days and had cramping up until I was 7 weeks it wasn't painful enough to wanna take meds but noticeable it would get better if I loosened my pants or stretched out my legs or leaned back instead if forward I felt it in my stomach and in my back... almost as if it were cramps I got 3-4 days before my period so I kept thinking I was gonna start my doc said it was totally normal itsxjust your uterus stretching as long as your not bleeding you are ok
Im 13 weeks tomorrow and i been having cramps and aches and pain since about 5 weeks. I also had bleeding at 6.6 weeks. I had my 12 week scan 3 days ago and baby was healthy :) cramping is compleatly normal in early pregnacy its just your body making room for the little sprog. My pains arnt so much crapming more aching now like really strong bloated pains. Hope thay helps x
Great to see other people in the same boat.

I was diagnosed with PCOS a year ago. I was put on Metformin to regulate my periods and balance my hormones. My partner and I had regular unprotected sex but nothing.. I was distressed and convinced I would never Conceive. We moved into our own Place 5 weeks ago. My mind was else where and not once did i think about having a baby. I have irregular periods as it is... but recently i was 10 days late. I have taken FOUR tests. All came back positive and they all say i'm around 2-3 weeks..

Excited isnt the word when like most of people ive seen on these forums, a lot of us thought we couldn't conceive!

My main question is, ive been cramping on and of for the last 2 weeks, i did think it was my period coming.. but its definitely not as strong as them. A little bit worried..but from what i see this is fairly normal. Docs on Thursday should make me feel better :) Roll om the 12 week mark!! Good luck to all future mums!!
Wow, so great to see alot of people are experiencing the same thing I am! This is actually my 4th kid, you would think I am a veteran, but every pregnancy is like the first one!  Especially for me, my youngest is 9! I am about 6 weeks, and have had cramping as well. Seems like its getting better, but none the less, its scary. I can't wait for my first apt. Its in two weeks.
Giving birth a second time to the placenta.....
I had period like cramps up until 14 weeks, they started very early on and they initially thought my pregnancy was ectopic, thankfully not. It isn't pleasant but my midwife said that as long as I wasn't bleeding it should be fine. She said it could be your bodies way of telling you to take it easy, also to have a look at the dates of when you get them, it sounds strange but apparently some women get cramps around when they should be having thier period. I'm 21weeks5days and my cramps have gone and my little princess is perfectly fine :) Take it easy when they start and good luck :)
I am in a similar situation to you. 3 pregnancy, first two ended in miscarriage. I am worried about this one. I am 6 weeks 5 days. The waiting is killing me.  I was able to get them to investigate during my last miscarriage, but it was inconclusive. It looks lie they tested my cells, instead of the baby's.  So I never got my answer to what was going wrong.
Hang in there!
im 7 weeks and have cramping n sharp pains its normal i had it with my first pregancy also only worry if it gets really painful n theres bleeding

congrats :)
im pregnant about 5 weeks and ive had nothing but lower back pain and period like cramps since i found out i was pregnant 1 week ago is this normal???
I am 9 weeks and also have gad two mc thw cramping is horrible and u had really bad back pain for almost a week before i started lising the baby...mc is really bad cramping followed by bleeding and my specialist said back pain is one of the first signs....good luck!
i have had cramping in both sides of my abdomen as well as random sharp pain every now and the i am 6wks preg and ha e.my first altra sound thursday scared i may ha e had a mossed misscarridge because this i my first pregnacy help
scared mum to be :'(
Hi Elle,

I have just found out i am 4 weeks pregnant with my first baby aswell - i am 19. How old are you?

It's so exciting!! although i have been having small cramps but after coming on here i feel alot better about it now!

Wow! I too have PCOS and have been ttc for the past 2 years with dissapointing results. Last month I was just focus in looking for our new home so I was not thinking about pregnancy. Just last week, I felt kind of strange and started to have some symptoms. I decided to take a pregnancy test and lo behold, it came out positive. Overjoyed was not the word. I thought this day would never come.
Im still taking the Metoformine as prescribed by the doctor however, I have been getting slight cramps down there with no blood. I'm just a little worried since most articles say that women with PCOS have higher miscarriages than normal women. I'm just waiting to see my doctor next week to get the final word and to be cared for. I'm glad I read your post because I feel Im not alone in this boat :)
Hello, the idea is not to worry your body is in its natural state and will do what it needs to. Keeping positive but also knowing God is in control even if it doesn't work out has helped me I'm on my second pregnancy almore 6 weeks my first was a miscarriage. In beginning I had the sharp pressure like pains which seemed to fade but almost every day I experience light cramping I think it has to do with our digestion too when ur bowels r being moved etc it can kinda affect the way your tummy feels and like someone else said the growing of your uterus and slight strtching of ligaments can be noticed more than you would think rest well trust God and regardless of outcome if it is the desire of your heart to have children He will give it to you if you have faith and hang in there I'm living proof of that! Blessings
Hi! I'm 20 with my first pregnancy I am almost 9 weeks and have been having mild cramps every now and then and very light spotting. I just wanted to know if this is a sign of m/c I'm kinda scared cause I'm really excited for this baby. So please any advice or anything will help. Maybe some stuff to take out Nausea thank you. I have my first real doctor visit on friday.
Im 5 weeks 2 days i have had cramping pain that comes and goes since i found out was 4weeks and keep worrying gunna have another misccariage as had one in dec rang doctors and spoke to them said it can be normal .fingas crossed had no bleeding just hope its gunna be ok this time
Im almost 6weeks along and Ive had this cramping from week 4. Somedays its there and others its not. Its all compleatly normal. I was worried just like you and I posted on here too. It realybis great you find out so much that you dont hear anywhere else. :)
I am four weeks and five days pregnant...I also have been having cramps off and on that feel like af cramps..had my pregnancy confirmed at doc office yesterday...pretty sad,but I had to beg the doctor to order a hcg quant as they say it's not medically necessary because they confirmed at the office through a urine test...keep in mind,I have had two miscarriages in the past,both in very early pregnancy..I also have to pay out of pocket for the hcg quant to be done..
I had cramping but now I dont so much, 5-7 weeks of pregnancy I was cramping. It's normal, now im 10 weeks and hardly any cramps.