Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Is cramping normal during the first trimester???

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I will be 8 weeks tomorrow and I am having slight cramps, not to the point where I'm in any pain or bleeding. Just a lil bit tense, like as if I'm gonna start my period, not even that , but is that normal????? Up to how many months can you experience cramping??
You could experience cramping your entire pregnancy, on and off. But I know it is very common in early pregnancy to have period-like cramps. As long as you're not in a lot of pain and there is no bleeding, like you mentioned, it really is nothing to worry about. I had the cramping for a few weeks in very early pregnancy.
Avatar n tn
i am around 6 weeks (havent been to the docs yet, but do have an appt.)have alot of cramping, not horrible, i can still deal with it but i am glad to hear this is normal
*Pheeew* Okay that's good to hear I'm not the only one. Thank you guys for you help!!!
Avatar n tn
I had cramps at 8 weeks too - quite severe but they passed without incident.  Hopefully yours will too.  I am now 10 weeks and no more cramps.
Monica
Avatar n tn
I too have been having cramps. I am 9 weeks along and I have been feeling really bad cramps.  It feels exactly like PMS, and it scares me because I had no problems with cramps during my first pregnancy.  My lower back has been hurting also.  Reading all of these comments has eased my mind a little, but I am still very nervous.  The cramps are on both sides so I am pretty sure I do not have an etopic pregnancy! Has anyone talked to a Doctor about this because my appt. is not for another month! It's nice to know I am not alone! Thanks for sharing!
I was 8 weeks when I went to the doctor and said I was cramping (mildly) on and off for a few weeks. But everything was fine and my doc said it was completely normal.
I think it might be best to call your doctor just to be sure. I had cramping when I was pregnant with my son and they just disappeared - everything was fine. The 2nd time I became pregnant I had cramping (a little intense at times) and I ignored it. I wish I hadn't because I ended up in the hospital and miscarried. So....it is always best to call just to be sure. I pray that everything goes well for you and they will just go away without incident. Just call...you will feel much and won't worry any longer.
i'm 7 wks 1 day from my LMP and Sunday thru Monday I have some pretty moderate abdominal discomfort....with tht said....I had a m/c in august and this discomfort was a little different than what i felt with that.
I've had a few mild cramps as well the past few weeks. Just over 8 weeks now here. Its pretty normal. ^_^
Avatar n tn
someone help i am trying to find out whats happening to me and whether it is normal or not. i am 7 weeks pregnant and have severe abdo pain i have been letting it slide for the past few days because there has been no bleeding. but the painb is getting worse...
Avatar n tn
its far worse than period pain but there is bleeding i had slight spotting a week ago.
You should go to the doctor immediately, letting it slide can mean getting worse.  It's normal to have light to period like medium crams, but severe abdominal pain and increasing pain are not good signs at all.  As far as spotting, that is common, but if you're gettin pain like that then I would go straight to the doctor's even to the ER. You don't want to chance it...don't let the pain slide anymore and just get checked out ASAP. Its the best for you and the baby.  A few days is enough days, even if there's no bleeding I would still go.  I hope everything turns out to be okay. Take care!!
Avatar n tn
thanks am just so confused and feel so alone
I had cramping all through my first trimester (and spotting). I haven't had any cramping for a couple of weeks but I've started having some again this week. I think its my uterus is just stretching (I'm 15 weeks 5 days). Its not "painful" just uncomfortable and annoying.
Avatar n tn
this is my first pregnancy, I found out that I was pregnant dec.9/07 and my hcg level
was 30.2  or somthing, but i went to the emergency this morning at 12:00am they did some test and said that my hcg level dropped to 11. They said that it might be a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. Please somebody help me to understand this process this is my very first pregnancy and i am praying to God that I don't lose it.  I am feeling like cramping as well as if I am on my period, there is no blood or anything like that. Please did anyone experience any hormone drop in their early pregnancy?
KeeLolo So ready for Friday. I real... Comment
1 hr ago
KeeLolo, KTowne, and specialmom commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
KeeLolo, and specialmom commented on laureninlove's status
1 hr ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy