Is is safe to take low dose (baby) aspirin during pregnancy?
I am nearly 9 weeks pregnant by IUI. During the IUI treatment a doctor told me to start taking baby aspirin (75mg daily) and continue during the first trimester.
However, when I had a scan today another doctor told me to stop taking it straight away and said I should have stopped taking it once pregnancy was confirmed.
I'm confused and I don't know which advice to follow now. Can taking it cause any harm to the baby? Is it safe to continue taking it?
no, it is safe during your first trimester.  i am on a 81 mg dosage oer my fertility specialist.  it helps thin the blood so enough oxygne gets to the baby.
Well, I was told by my "fired" OB to take the aspirin.  I was never tested for the clotting disorder that would be needed for the aspirin.  I had an appt. in 1 month with a fertility specialist and he was appauled that an OB would prescribe this.  No medication is "safe" during pregnancy.  Any foreign substance that you introduce into your body has the potential to cause more harm than good.  So, on the basis of this, I am choosing not to take the aspirin.  I am not willing to take any chances with my baby.

If there is no clotting disorder varified by a blood test, then what is the point in taking it?  If you have the clotting disorder, than yes, in this case you would need to take the aspirin to thin your blood to restassure that no clots form around the placenta and cut off oxygen to the forming baby.  I hope this helps in your decision.  It is always good to do research on your own outside of what the doctor gives you.  If there is information that is negative, I always ask my doctor about it.  From there, I make an informed decision

There are too many doctors out there that prescribe things to "cover their rear ends".  If you complain enough about something, they are liable to just prescribe something just to make you happy.  (Which I think was the case with my "fired" OB.)  

Since we have similar situations, I can say that if I were in your position, I would inquire to the doctor who prescribed baby aspirin to you, what the reasons for this are.  Who knows, you might have the clotting disorder and that is why you are supposed to take the aspirin :)
Im pregnant with my second and i was told not to take asprin at anytime. I was told to only take tyenol when needed but try not to take anything while prego. I dont know why a doc would say to take one but i have never heard of that.
i do not have the clotting disorder either but my fertility doctor had me take them just in case.  i researched and there is no known harm.  i was told to take them cause i do have psoriosis and sometimes they can change your blood flow but we do not know for sure.
Baby aspirin and aspirin are different---I have a friend who just recently became pregnant (she was seeing a fertility specialist and was having IUIs). I believe she is taking baby aspirin.

I can give you her contact information if you want because her doctor is AMAZING. Just let me know if you want it. You'll have to send me a PM (private message). Hover the mouse over my username and click SEND MESSAGE.