Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Is it normal to miss a period in the months fallowing having a baby?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I just had a baby three months ago. I have had unprotected sex since then (stupid, I know). I was suppose to start my period at least a week ago but there has been nothing. I honestly don't think I'm pregnant, I have be really stressed out lately, I haven't had any spotting or signs of pregnancy, and the test I took was a big fat negative. But what are the chances I am vs. the chances I've just missed my period this month. I've never missed my period before (except when I was pregnant) but I know funny things happen to your body after having a baby. I also took up smoking due to so much stress (which I did quit a couple of weeks ago) and I did get really sick with a kidney infection and was in the hospital for a week. Also I think I have and infection in my uterus that a doctor at the hospital pointed out (but was dismissed, because I was there for a kidney infection) and the doc at my six week said that the mucous discharge was normal and I was only imagining it being green (not to be gross) I KNOW it's green, and it's not lightening up at all. I plan on getting a second opinion once I get my new insurance card. But the question I have is could all of this make me just simply miss my period? Is it normal to miss a period after having a baby?
hansen20 19 days to go! Comment
hansen20 commented on photo
KTowne commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy