Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Is it possible to be pregnant again but still bleeding 4 weeks after a ...

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Is it possible to be pregnant again but still bleeding 4 weeks after a stillbirth?

4 weeks ago I gave birth to my stillborn son at 24 weeks,
I am still bleeding lightly on and off and am wondering if it is possible for me to be pregnant again although I am still bleeding? Has this happened to anyone?
(and please, dont tell me I shouldnt be having sex yet or that I should wait longer to try and get pregnant, I know this and I spoke to my doctor about it.)
Any answers greatly appreciated.
Hi there, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby boy :(  
As far as I am aware, you are able to get pregnant as soon as 28 days after you give birth, so by the sounds of things you are just coming up to that. You could however still fall pregnant if you have ovulated before the 28 days. It is hard to know because you are still bleeding yet. But the best answer I can give is that above, you could be pregnant although it would obviously be too early to tell yet, but I think as an average, you will most likely become fertile agian very soon. I wont preach to you about trying ot get pregnant right away either, I know what you are going through, I had one of my babies at 25 weeks too, my littl eboy managed just over an hour before we lost him, and all I wanted to do was be pregnant again to try and fill the void, though I will offer my experience if you don't mind? (this isn't advice your body is your own but it always helps to know)  I realise about half way through my next pregnancy (concieved 3 months after NND) that I should have waited, the emotions I felt were crippling and even though I had a baby inside me I still felt empty inside, if that makes sense, also that little boy was born at 29 weeks, he is alive and well now but it was murderous worrying and waiting to see if this one would make it out of the NNU. Anyways, I hope you don't have the same, but always be aware ok, please take care and I wish you all the best luck in the world for your next baby, and I hope you get pregnant real fast like you want :)  I ope I have helped a little :)
KeeLolo, KTowne, and hansen20 commented on KeeLolo's status
55 mins ago
KeeLolo commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
hansen20 new bump picture up! I have... Comment
1 hr ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy