Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Is it possible to feel symptoms at 4-5 dpo? If you have please tell me...

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Is it possible to feel symptoms at 4-5 dpo? If you have please tell me your story!

I know, I know...scientifically you can't feel symptoms until implantation, but I swear ladies, I have been ttc for 12 months, I have three children....I quit analyzing my symptoms MONTHS ago, but yesterday morning I woke up, I felt crampy, very fatigued ( I took two small naps during the day, NOT like me) extreme hunger...it is crazy!  And then it dawned on me when I felt that specific hunger you feel when you are pregant...the I-have-to-eat-right-now-or-I-will-faint hunger.....I asked myself and stopped dead in my tracks....could this be a symptom?  Did anyone else feel symptoms this early?  I am not doing the "looking for symptoms" thing because I gave up on that months ago.  This month is our last month before we go to injectables....I took this cycle as well as last cycle off from any and all meds or IUI's.  I go tomorrow to learn about the injectables and how to use them, so I was just basically waiting this month out to start the injectables.  If anyone has experienced this and have had a positive outcome, please let me know!

Thank you all in advance....

Heather
No it isnt.   Pregnancy-like symptoms are caused from the hormone HCG which is not even produced at 4-5 dpo.  You can expect symptoms to start to kick in around 10 days after possible conception onwards - is it possible you ovulated earlier that you thought?
Yeah, I know....but I have also heard a lot of women say the swear they knew...they felt things very early on.  No, I O'd either on last Thursday or Friday.  OPK came back positive on Thursday.  My temps are all over the place so I had to override FF and have it go by the OPK.  

Thank you for the answer!
I had a "feeling" that I was.  Although, I think I must have super intuition or something because I felt this same feeling with my other 2 pregnancies (although I miscarried both).  I got pinchy cramps that were on the side that I ovulated on at 4-5dpo.  Then, about 2-3 days after that I had this really milky mucus.

But, I don't have those symptoms you are describing and I am 4 weeks pregnant now.  (although, they might be somewhat reassuring if I did)  Good luck and I really hope that what you are feeling is that "feeling" that you are pregnant ;)  
No problem.  I have also seen a lot of women claim they have pregnancy-symptoms before it is physically possible.  Pregnancy-like symptoms can be caused by numerous things, including "thinking" you might be pregnant, so its not really something you can go on.  I do think that it is possible to just know you are pregnant very early on but this would not be as a result of symptoms since HCG levels arent even at appreciable levels.
i just "knew" i was pregnant early on cuz i just felt "off."  i felt like ****, like i was getting the flu.  i had implantation bleeding at about 6dpo around the time i was having cramping...i guess i wasn't actually feeling symptoms of crappiness and fatigue till 8 or 9dpo...but still, i thought that was pretty early.  

i wish you lots of luck this cycle :-)
Thank you all for your input...we shall see in about 10 days!
that's weird...they put stars over a word that wasn't even a bad word...  

good luck!  i got my positive at about 12 dpo (but i got 2 negatives the days before).  like spade had said, it takes approx 3-5 days after implantation for enough hcg to be released to give you a positive reading...  so don't be discouraged if you are sure this is your month!  :-)
this is a very old post but i'm going to add for when people search like I do for others accounts. :)
I have a daughter and when I was just 5dpo I got sore nipples and swollen breasts. That was how I knew. I tested not till 5 weeks but sure enough it was positive. The rest of the symptoms I didn't get until way later. HCG isn't the only hormone in your body that deals with the pregnancy. Estrogen is actually responsible for the breast production and milk production as time goes on. Also it aids in developing fetus , keeps your uterine lining nice and thick for the implatation.

My second pregnancy i had swollen breasts at 5dpo and by 13dpo could smell all kinds of weird stuff.....that no one else could. so yes, it is possible.
Thank you for your help I've been having symptoms also since the first week after ovulation and my body doesn't feel the same anymore but I've taken hpts and all net. Idk maybe I'm still testing top early.
melimeli, KTowne, and hansen20 commented on veronica0808's status
1 hr ago
KTowne, and hansen20 commented on KTowne's status
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy