Is it possible to take a home pregnancy test wrong?
Hi. I'm 8 days late getting my period as of today. I've never been more than one or two. My fiance and I didn't use a condom a few weeks ago and he pulled out. I took a pregnancy test last night (have never taken one before), my friend was rushing me so I didn't get to read the directions. I had drank a full cup of water an hour before taking it. and I had peed no longer than a couple hours before that. Since I was being harassed in the bathroom, I took it very quickly, not holding the strip side downward while peeing on it. I got a negative result. But after coming home and reading the instruction booklet, and searching around online, I think I completely screwed up the test. I also read that the best time to take it is in the morning, the first time you pee. Could I be pregnant? And any tips for when I take the next test so I'm sure I handled it right?
Best time to take it is with first morning urine. Or hold it at least 4 hours. I always pee in a cup and then dip the test in the pee. It's way easier then trying to hit the stick with the stream.
Your urine could have been to diluted to pick up any HCG on the test if you drank alot of water before the test.  I would suggest waiting a day or two and retesting if AF doesn't show.
Take it first thing in the morning and don't drink anything before you take it.
If you dont take the test according to the directions, then the result might be inaccurate.
Thank you guys. I'm really nervous/anxious/excited about it! I'm going to retest tomorrow morning and try using a cup and see what happens!
they have digital tests now that say not pregnant/pregnant so its no mistaken i use those ones and take it with fmu is the best idea good luck
Well the second test was negative too. I'm 9 days late today. It's just strange because I've never been this late before or missed a period for any reason.
I would go to the doctors for a blood test, they are the most accurate and theres no guessing whether or not you did the test right!