Aa
A
A
Close
Is it possible to take a home pregnancy test wrong?
Hi. I'm 8 days late getting my period as of today. I've never been more than one or two. My fiance and I didn't use a condom a few weeks ago and he pulled out. I took a pregnancy test last night (have never taken one before), my friend was rushing me so I didn't get to read the directions. I had drank a full cup of water an hour before taking it. and I had peed no longer than a couple hours before that. Since I was being harassed in the bathroom, I took it very quickly, not holding the strip side downward while peeing on it. I got a negative result. But after coming home and reading the instruction booklet, and searching around online, I think I completely screwed up the test. I also read that the best time to take it is in the morning, the first time you pee. Could I be pregnant? And any tips for when I take the next test so I'm sure I handled it right?
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
492921 tn?1321293496
Best time to take it is with first morning urine. Or hold it at least 4 hours. I always pee in a cup and then dip the test in the pee. It's way easier then trying to hit the stick with the stream.
Your urine could have been to diluted to pick up any HCG on the test if you drank alot of water before the test.  I would suggest waiting a day or two and retesting if AF doesn't show.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1000766 tn?1296749601
Take it first thing in the morning and don't drink anything before you take it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
If you dont take the test according to the directions, then the result might be inaccurate.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you guys. I'm really nervous/anxious/excited about it! I'm going to retest tomorrow morning and try using a cup and see what happens!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
873692 tn?1337279333
they have digital tests now that say not pregnant/pregnant so its no mistaken i use those ones and take it with fmu is the best idea good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Well the second test was negative too. I'm 9 days late today. It's just strange because I've never been this late before or missed a period for any reason.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1140272 tn?1282500978
I would go to the doctors for a blood test, they are the most accurate and theres no guessing whether or not you did the test right!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
134578 tn?1463413330
Blank
AnnieBrooke commented on Green Tea and Green T...
18 hrs ago
4769306 tn?1451008167
Blank
hansen20, and KeeLolo commented on hansen20's status
19 hrs ago
2020005 tn?1476662562
Blank
KTowne Weston is about 7lbs 3ozs a... Comment
21 hrs ago
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy