Is it safe to eat ice cream at 11 weeks of my pregnancy?
I am 11 weeks pregnant, just had my first ultra sound and baby's heartbeat is perfectly normal (thanks GOD). I have been craving for ice cream and my friends including my husband is stopping me because they said it is not safe. Is it true? Is eating ice cream during pregnancy unsafe? Please enlighten me.
if eating ice cream during pregnancy wasn't safe no one told me...i downed so much of it with me 1st son it was unreal...i never head of it, but time has changed! id bring it up at ur next appointment!
ive never heard that ice cream is bad for you during pregnancy
one of my friends here on medhelp actually told me that it's not safe to eat soft serve ice cream during pregnancy b/c of listeria. i would look into it. i know its a natural craving for a lot of women but it may not be as safe as one would think.
soft serve is not kept as cold as your regular ice cream in your freezer. So I would say normal ice cream - yes, soft serve - NO
Vanilla ice cream is actually good for you.  I eat cookies n' cream every night.  mmmm
lol its unsafe for your thighs. eat some ice cream just dont eat only ice cream! ;) a healthier alternative would be frozen yogurt, and you could still satisfy your craving for something cold!
not home made ice cream as it has raw eggs but shop bought should be ok
Ice cream is ok as long as it is not soft serve. Or soft serve yoghurt!
lol luv2bmommy, unsafe for your thighs!  
I never heard of this before! I ate lots of it for a while, cookies and cream. mmm. And my little bug is doing A-Okay!!
I work in Baskin Robbins and our main customers are pregnant ladies. It is DEFINITELY ok (she says as she takes another bite of her double scoop). Soft serve is DEFINITELY not. Its funny because i get all the regular icecream i want i crave soft serve =).
The craving for ice cream comes from the sodium (salt) that is in it from what I have been told. My doctors told me not to hear certain kinds of fish, uncooked meats, and things that can be unsafe, but ice cream was NOT one of them. Even soft serve was not ruled out. Good thing too, cause when I am craving it, I usually get it. I woudlnt worry about ice cream at all. If it was bad for you, your doctor would have told you not to eat it.
hmmmm, you learn something new everyday, had no idea about soft serve...i craved sundays from macdonald's.....I know lots of women that crave DQ during thier pregnacies...and that would be soft serve....hmmmm
Hunn, Baskin Robins is my best friend when I'm craving something!!
lol.

I never heard of not being able to eat ice cream, although Soft Serve is a lil different and I honestly wouldn't recommend eating it until you ask your doc first.
Anything else is fine.

Try to find an ice cream that you like that isn't completely chocolate, or has alot of chocolate in it, because chocolate has lots of stuff in it like caffeine, and I was told to try not to consume too much chocolate or anything else caffinated like soda, certain teas and coffee.
And he told me that if I did, only one caffinated thing a day.

I usually have a glass of sweet tea every day, and that's it.
Or sometimes I'll have a soda.
I've been getting WICKED addicted to Arizona Green Tea... anyone else had that craving?? Between that and orange juice man... I dunno. lol
That's a load of BS! I had no less than one Strawberry cheese cake blizzard every day with my 4th baby! I never eliminated any foods from my diet during any of my pregnancies except honey, and I have four perfectly healthy children!
Someone on here was also saying that it's unsafe to eat leftover macaroni salad, potato salad and rice due to listeria (as well as soft serve).  I was like "huh?  so what the heck are we supposed to eat?"  Anyway, I asked my midwife at my 1st appt. about all of that and she said that is so far fetched that it's nothing to worry about......People can get so picky.....Seriously, think of who and what touches half of the stuff you buy in the grocery store.....Listeria is the least of our worriess if you think about that......
I won't get into it but coming from my midwife, soft serve is OK...esp. in the US as there are guidelines that need to be followed regarding temperatures.
i didnt know about soft serve, good to know..i googled it to just to be sure and it says to opt for hard ice creams instead because the machines that they make the soft serve in dont get cleaned as often, thus CAN be a breeding ground for bacteria, especially listeria. so eat at your own risk lol
This is my 4th child and this is the first time I've even heard this myth.......lol. I'm sure like anything else, you just want to eat it in moderation. Next they we'll be saying we can't have pickles. If you think about it, if you have or at risk for high blood pressure they aren't good for you. I say enjoy, just know your limits.....
Ok, first I thought not eating ice cream during pregnancy was ridiculous, specially when pickles & ice cream is the #1 craving myth. 2. No chocolate? i would die without chocolate and that is ludicrous, how can you deprive a pregnant woman of chocolate?  Chocolate is sometimes the esence of life! And no rice? that makes absolutely no sense since to make rice you need to BOIL it to cook it and boiling kills bacteria.  That's just getting too caried away!  Before anyone tells you anything ridiculous like that, please search it on March of Dimes or FDA websites.