Is minor surgery safe during early pregnancy?
G83
I was wondering if anyone here has had surgery under conscious sedation while pregnant and if it went okay?  I have a very minor surgery appointment scheduled to remove a tiny tumor off the top of my foot in late Oct.  It's not urgent according to the dr. but he says not to leave it in there forever (this was in June).
The problem is that we are ttc and I wouldn't find out if I was pregnant yet until a week after the surgery would take place.  My husband is concerned that I should remove it promptly but I don't want to take the risk of hurting the implanting/fertilization process if it were to take place during that time. I also don't want to postpone trying for another month.  Is it safe to do both?
Yes, it's fine, that early in pregnancy the placenta has not taken over yet so the baby is being supported off the "yolk".  the medication they give you for concious sedation wouldn't cause any harm with implantation however I am NOT a doctor, Double check this with your OBGYN. I say OBGYN rather than surgeon because your OB would be able to give you a more accurate reply than someone who doesn't specialize in pregnancy