Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
It Hurts!!

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

It Hurts!!

im 32 weeks pregnant and every time I have sex with my partner I get this really bad pain in my vsginal area like birth pressure.. as we speak  im getting light contractions is this normall.??
Ok stop having sex (no more until you've spoken to your doctor!) and call your doctor as soon as they open next....you may be putting yourself at risk for pre-term labor because when you orgasm, your uterus is actually contracting, so if your body is already at risk for pre-term labor, having sex can throw you into full-blown labor and you want to try to keep baby in MUCH longer than 32wks!

Generally if something causes pain while you're pregnant, you should avoid it..it's your body's way of letting you know that something may be wrong. While vaginal pressure and contractions can come and go in the 3rd trimester, if your contractions are regular or coming less than 20 minutes apart, I would go immediately to the labor ward at your nearest hospital and NOT wait to speak to your doctor.

If the contractions stop, you should be OK to wait to call your doctor, but NO sex until you've spoken to him.

Best of luck hon...drink some water and put your feet up and make sure you do NOT wait if the contractions are coming regularly- go be seen.
Thank you! I will stop the sex :)
That was very good advice. Yesterday evening I was having light contractions so I layed down and rested and felt a lot better today. I think I just over worked myself yesterday and I did also have an orgasm :)
KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
49 mins ago
melimeli BRING BACK THE NEWSFEED! Comment
1 hr ago
stacey10 commented on stacey10's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy