Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
It amazes me...

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

It amazes me...

I read a lot about pregnancy & get a lot of notifications with information about the baby inside the womb & what caught my eye the most is how babies can see light. So I read to "try & put a flashlight to your belly, watch the baby react." So I did
does the flashlight trick actuyally work? do u have to be in the dark or?
I've been trying that throughout my pregnancy and it has never worked for me.
hmm ya...is it even good to shine a flashlight at the baby?
babyboy111, I'm not sure. I would feel like it would hurt their retinas or something.
Shining a light on your belly to get the baby to move is not harmful to your baby's eyes. This may work more in the ending stages of your pregnancy when your baby is opening and closing their eyes for when they are awake or asleep. Try covering your belly with a dark blanket for several minutes, then introduce the light to your belly. You must do this when you usually know your baby is in a state of alertness or being active/awake. Sometimes just introducing new hands to your bare belly can help get baby moving. You have a strong heartbeat in your hands, so take your partner's or child's hand and place it skin to skin and wait. Usually baby will respond not only to the temperature of their hand, but also to the heartbeat. Also a good way to bond with your partner or child about your upcoming arrival of your bundle of joy.
Well I'm 32w 6d & I feel my daughters movements when I do it that's why I had to post this
Lol its fine to shine the light on your tummy, it will not hurt the babys retinas or anything, its kinda like when your eye a are closed and someone turns a light on and you sense that the light is on, that's all they see, think of how many thick layers of skin you have between the flashlight and the inner part of your belly (8 layers) also, they have the uterus around them, the placenta, amniotic fluid and their eyes don't even open until 26 weeks approximately.
KTowne commented on renae176's status
32 mins ago
KTowne, and Hollus commented on KTowne's status
KTowne, hansen20, and Hollus commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy