Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Just to Inform you ladies

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Just to Inform you ladies

Just to let everyone know I went into preterm labor and had little Baby Braegan 1-26-09. He was only 8oz 9 inches long and did not make it. I wont be on here much anymore but I will come here and there and check on everyone. I have not gave up and we will start tryin again when we can.

Sheena
RIP Braegan Chase Akers
1-26-09 8 oz 9 inches 1;47AM
We had to go to the funeral home today to pick out his urn and it was the hardest thing. I am not an emotional person and having all the family and friends comming to the house was even harder. I hate to cry in front of ppl. But Braegan was here for a reason and he served his purpose. Now I have another angel looking over me as we try again, just now we are classified as a high risk and have to travel an hour to a specialist. Just a question for you guys tho... Are you suppose to have a pelvic exam done when you are 5 months pregnant  and bleeding? I didnt think you were and the ER doctor did and thats when my water broke. Anywho, if anyone knows please let me know.
Im so sorry to hear that. All the best to you and you family in the future.
Hang in there.
Thats so sad, im so sorry. All my love. kelly x
I'm so sorry hunny.  I know how you feel.  I lost a baby girl at 19 weeks and 5 days.  Natalie Grace DeVall.  I woke up in pain one night so I got my husband rushed me to the ER.  I didn't know that I was having contractions.  Well I got to the Er and they rushed me to the back room.  They took me back for a ultrasound, told me nothing, then put me pack in the ER room.  They then came in with a doppler and I heard her heart beat.  As the tech was leaving the room I sat up in the bed and my water broke.  They got me out of the bed an cleaned me up.  Then the Dr. came in and did a pelvic exam.  Her head was right there when they felt so I was rushed to labor and delivery.  I pushed 3 times and she was born.  I was heart broken.  Don't be afraid to take anti-depressants.  They helped me allot.  It didn't hit me at first.... but when it did I was a mess.  We had a funeral for her with 2 Pentecostal preachers.  She had a white silk casket, 2 hand made baby blankets, and her head rest on a barbie pillow.  A part of me died with her.  If you need to talk feel free to email me at ***@****.  You can find me on yahoo messager as anitarfrith.  And... my myspace page address is www . myspace. com/ anitardevall.    ( I had to separate it so put it together.)  God bless hun.  Anita
Oh hun..... I am sooo sorry your going through this, My prayers and thoughts are with you
i am so sorry for your loss and what you are going threw, i will keep you in my prayers.

As far as a pelvic exam that is normal, as long as there not trying to open your cervix it is ok to have a speculum in there for them to look at it or for them to feel the cervix with the hand to see if the cervix has changed. In order for the water to break it happens naturally or with assistance of a tool.  I no you may be looking for answers and want to blame someone(especially the dr) but as you said, your baby was here for a reason and served his purpose, only god knows why his time was so short.  As anita said, sometimes anitdepressants are good for short term thearpy, i had a m/c at 10w1d and was a wreck and the pills helped me.

We are here if you need to talk.
i am so sorry about your lose and no they are not meant to do a pelvic exam when you are 5 months pregnant i know this because i need a pelvic exam done but they refuse to do one because im 7 and half mths pregnant i have to wait till babys born so they should never have did a pelvic and if they were meant to then i have never heard of anyone getting one when pregnant

take care xxxx
I have had 2 pelvic exams with this pregnancy already.  They are checking to see if your dilated any.  Anita
I am so sorry sweetie. Please keep us updated on how you are doing. We are all here for you. My prayers are with you.
They may do a pelvic while pregnant.... butI don't think they will if it seems your dialating obviously I don't think they're supposed to, I'm not a doctor though so don't take my answers to heart. . my prayers are with you.

Cindie
I'm really sorry sweetie. You and your family are in my prayers. If you need anything feel free to send me a message.
My heart goes out to you and your family!  May you find peace each day.
Aww sweetie I am so sorry! You and your family are in my prayers.

Oh and its common to get pelvic exams around 5 months. Later in pregnancy (closer to the end) they won't do it because of the chance of dilation but at 5 months that shouldn't be a concern.
i am so sorry you are going through this. I agree though, get help, don't wait until you are to far gone, i had panic attacks after losing my baby at 19 weeks, just having the med in my house made me feel better. Also can i suggest planning a trip. it was what saved me, i spent about a month researching trips/prices and then we booked a trip for the following month. it was very theraputic for myself and my husband
When i was having contraction this time at 27 weeks they would not to an exam, or even put the baby on a moniter, they also told me not to touch my belly.
I am so sorry sweetie!  You and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts as long as you need it.  No one can tell you to move on, this is your process and take as much as you need!  This is your baby angel and cherish him!!  All my prayer and support!!
Im thinking of you & your family. May you together find strength to one day be happy again knowing little Braegan is watching & looking after you :)

He will always be in your heart.
Take care of yourself, Im so very sorry.

Sleep tight Braegan. xXx
they probably did a pelvic exam to check for dialation they were probably checking to see if you were in real labor because false labor can feel like real labor the only difference is that your cervix dialates when you are in real labor so what they did was completely normal i am so sorry for you loss and there is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better i do know it helps to talk to other people who have been through something similar. your in my prayers
I am so sorry Hun, God Bless you and your family!
I am sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers! God Bless
i am so sorry.
I am so saddened by your loss. I'm truly sorry, honey. I will keep your baby boy and your family in my prayers. I hope you find the comfort you need while you mourn. Best of luck to you, dear.
i'm soooo sorry hun
I will keep you in my prayers
im so sorry for ur lost my thoughts and prayers are with you
stacey10 commented on stacey10's status
KTowne commented on renae176's status
KTowne, and Hollus commented on KTowne's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy