KStarr07
Hows it going?  What did you end up deciding regarding being induced?  Tomorrow is the big day is you go ahead, right?
:( I know I should have my mind all made up by now, but I'm still TORN. I'm leaning about 50/50 on each side.
Yes I have my dr. appointment tomorrow at 2:30 pm and I will ask him more about it and possibly pain options. (I only want the induction if I can get medication like right with it sense I've heard it's quite much more intense from the get-go) The only two people that I would ask for an opinion don't have one. They want him here just as badly as I do but still say "I don't know. it's your choice".  
You know... I think I might go ahead and schedule one for a couple days away and just HOPE he comes before then...
What do you think? :-S
I'm really nervous about the induction lol
induction can be painful. u might need some pain medication. am hopin this time i go into labor natural. am not due til July 4 so after i turn 37 wks am goin to do wateva it takes to help bring on labor. lol am 34 1/2 wks. wohoo
My best friend was induced and she had one baby where she went into labor on her own... She said that she would be induced agian if she had the option because she wasable to get the pain meds earlier and really did not feel anything.....
lol sexyhot_dandy , I didn't start getting that anxious until like 38 weeks.

linzola1 - I can't make up my mind! :'( I wish someone could come in and do it for me. lol .. yeah I think  I may just go ahead and schedule one.. The induction kind of makes me nervous... I don't know why. I almost feel I'd be missing out on going through it all on my own.. But at the same time... I don't want to be late, nor do I want to wait any longer!!
Its is tough call!  I think should see your doctor w/ an open mind tomorrow and discuss ALL your concerns you have about induction at that point.  Also, you don't have to be induced right away - I'm sure it can be done in a few days time if you need some more time to think about it. It is, however, important that you don't do anything that you feel uncomfortable about (unless is absolutely necessary).  I don't think you should worry about " missing out on going though it on your own" - an induction just kick-starts the process.  Are you dilated/effaced yet?
Well I guess maybe just the excitement of "My water broke!" or "I lost my mucus plug" lol..
I find out tomorrow if it's changed since last week, but I've been about 50%/1 cm for three weeks now. But I think that  I may have dilated more since then. I find out tomorrow at my apt. at 2:30.
When I got induced I was totally freaked out because I wanted to go into labor naturally. Good thing is that when you get induced they let you decide when you want your pain meds. After I started getting hard contractions I got some pain meds that made me feel drunk and then about hour and a half two hours later I got my epidural. Only worked on half my body but at that time I was ready to push and pushing felt so good because you can't feel the contractions.
Hmm.. I've heard so many people say the epidural didn't work right. and so many other people said it was a miracle to have it.. LOL
So you haven't had any real contractions yet or anything? no signs of labor at all? Gosh man..I would be praying to go into labor! lol
My Dr would not induce unless I was 2 weeks late. They often say with first timers that is can be a longer more painful experience than someone who has had a baby before, since the body has not done it before.  I was due a week before X-mas and I was worried I would go into labor then and all the nurses would be on break drinking EggNog or something...LOL!  So I hounded and hounded, but the Dr wouldnt budge!  I ended up having Ethan on his due date!  Crazy, I guess I just really wanted him out.
What I did to jump start it was walk about two miles that day and then I had my mom rub my feet and calves really hard (all the pressure points they say dont touch).  Soon after I had contraction, I kept walking and walking to keep them going.  I also inserted Evening Primrose oil the week before, because I wasnt dilated one bit and it was suppose to help with cervix softening.  
Good luck...I will say the same comment that everyone said to me....LOL....Enjoy the time you have now to yourself.....SLEEP!  I didnt listen to anyone though, I wanted him out so bad so I could finally meet him.
Jame - nope. :(  lol.. about a week ago I had 3 contractions but then it stopped just as quickly as it came..  lots of BH and very big increase in CM.. and the baby is VERY low.. but other than that, no labor signs. :(

babyscience - my Dr. is the one who actually suggested it. at 37 weeks he said we could talk about induction at my next apt. during week 38, and he said they were busy so no induction from then until tomorrow, we're supposed to talk about it some more and I'm supposed to decide what I want to do...I'll be 39w2d..

I've actually been walkin' a lot.. bouncing on my bed, doing some squats occasionally [which I believe helped him drop so much so quickly] and even looked up and considered trying the nipple stimulation thing... done their instructions a couple times but not religiously as I don't want them to hurt when I have to give them to the baby. Lol.
I'm desperate to get the show on the road.. But kind of leaning toward doing it naturally.. but it has it's pros AND cons.. so I don't know!
babyscience~ I've been told it's actually dangerous to wait more than 1 week past the due date due to the placenta aging.. i'm suprised that your doctor makes women wait 2 weeks past they're due date. He's risking sepsis and infection for the mom. Or the baby getting so big it gets shoulder distocia (sp?) during birth. :)

KStarr~ From what I've heard, getting induced only makes it seem more painful because instead of starting off with minor contractions, and getting worse.. it makes you go right into the strong contractions.

Basically your uterus can only contract so hard, no matter what. Pitocin only makes the contractions more regular and frequent so it seems harder. They should be able to give you something within an hour or two of your induction.. but they're gonna want to see if it even makes you contract at all. Because sometimes it takes them upping the dose several times before you'll begin to get contractions hard enough to make you dialate.

They'll probably also give you Cervidil(sp?) which is a little pill in your cervix to help ripen it. I've heard that can cause some cramping a little and discomfort.

By the way, this is all what I've learned from doing my own personal research as well as all the medical shows I watch. I haven't been induced personally, but I hope this helps some.
;) thanks, I knew most of what you said because I've had to do some serious digging to try making up my mind.. I agree with the skipping straight to the hard part of labor, but your body still has so much work to do that it still lasts as long, making it seem you're in the worst pain for the longer amount of time, you know? instead of spending most of labor having minor contractions.. Which I am not sure if i want to do to myself.. lol Unless he says I will for sure be able to have pain medication before long. I have a fear of being told to wait, wait, wait.. then "oh it's too late"  lol.. that happened to my mom [sure maybe some.. decade and a half - two decades ago.. but STILL]

But man, I'm having lots of BH right now and it's making my lower back kinda achy and that usually doesn't happen... hmmmm.. lol. I'm probably just being hopeful.. I actually moved to sit on the floor and lean against my bed to get more comfortable but they aren't going away.. if this keeps up I'll take a shower and see what happens from there.
Good luck!!!
Thanks :) I know it sounds stupid, but I kind of don't want to go to sleep because I don't want my contractions to subside and labor to stop.. Haha.. although if it's the real thing I doubt it would do that even if I wanted it to... I worry too much lol
Well they dont actually make you wait two weeks...but they will not let you go past two weeks.  I dont know where you live, but in CA, it is a common practice.  They will do a Non stress test on the baby at a week past due date, then judge from there.  Most friends I have have gone anywhere from 10-14 days past due, for first babies.  Most Drs in CA do not want to induce unless necessary.  In the case of Kstarr, I can see why.  She is a petite girl and is younger, so I sure it is a smaller birth canal.  But what I have heard from people getting induced to soon is there can be a greater risk in resulting in a c-section.....not that it will happen, but if the body isnt ready and doesnt respond, then labor wont progress and baby will be stressed.