Late period
I am in my 20s.  I have a regular menstrual cycle 30 d. My partner and I had an intercourse using only a condom 11 days after the first day of my last period. I was 10 days late and I was going to wait before doing a HPT. From about a week before my expected period I had mild cramping which is normal for me. As the day began to approach my breasts became tender and hard, I began to have night sweats, nausea and some other mild symptoms. On day 12 (after my period should have began) I woke up in the middle of the night because I was having EXCRUCIATING cramping I couldn't get out of bed and my eyes were tearing up. After a little  while I got to the washroom because I thought I was going to vomit. I noticed that I had a little blood but much less then I would normally get. Since then (12hrs ago) I have had very little bloody discharge but very bad cramps. I am worried I have never had that before. The cramps are REALLY bad. I take prescription meds for cramps and they have done nothing! I am worried that if my late period is not due to pregnancy then what else is causing this. I have a family history of cancer. My last gyn  apt was normal but it was almost a year ago
the cramps may be more intense b/c ur period is late and may be begining. its happened to me before. i would take a hpt to see if u are pregnant and if so then id make an appointment with an ob/gyn to be on the safe side.
If I were you I would contact the doctor to be on the safe side, especially if you are late. You may be experiencing ectopic pregnancy or a number of other things.