Leaking amniotic fluid at 16 weeks??
Two weeks (at almost 14 weeks) ago I woke up to ALOT of dried blood in my underwear. I went to the ER and was sent home being told it was just a large bout of spotting

The next morning the same thing happened along with cramping and brown colored fluid. I finally got an appt with a military OB and was told that there was some blood and amniotic fluid leaking. I was told to be on pelvic rest but since I wasn't 20 weeks there really wasn't anything they could do except wait. My next appt. is on the 16th but I am STILL leaking brown discharge, almost constantly.

Is the brown discharge the amniotic fluid or old blood and is this something that I need to be preparing myself for a miscarriage for? The OB seemed to want to be as "gentle" as possible with what she found, despite me asking her, so I would just like a straight forward answer.

If anyone has gone through this or maybe has an idea, please let me know.

Thankyou.
Oh my! I have never heard of this, so im not going to be much help, but I would go back in and demand some answers. Brown blood is old blood but.................Did the do a test to make sure it was amnio fluid??
I think so. The doctor said she could see it leaking out, so she seemed fairly confident.  I just keep worrying that the brown spotting I keep seeing is discolored amniotic fluid or something. I keep hydrating myself, maybe that will help and am trying to relax as much as possible. Today seems like a good day, so maybe it was just some spotting...
I wish you luck! I hope you get some answers soon and have a healthy fullterm baby!
The brown sounds to me like blood.  Amniotic fluid is typically clear or just cloudy unless it has meconium in it and being as you are only about 16 weeks  find that unlikely becuase meconium is just starting to be accumulated in the bowels at this point.  Take it easy, don't do anything unless youa bsolutely have to...try to lay more than sit and if it gets worse go back to the ER. Did they do an ultrasound or check the babys heartbeat while you were there?  There's no definate answer to give you unfortunately.  While this could lead to a miscarriage, it cuold also lead to absolutely nothing, resolve itself and you will go on to have a perfectly healthy full term baby.  The only thing that can tell is time. Good luck!!