Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Liver/Kidney Function tests..... Anyone?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi Ladies.... Due to the fact that I had Mild preeclampsia with my first pregnancy, My midwife is going to have me get bloodwork taken for my kidney liver function.... along with 5 other different things..... My question is are my chances for developing preeclampsia much higher then someone who never experianced it?

With my first I know I had daily headaches the entire pregnancy, headaches are a major sign of preeclampsia. With this bub I have no headaches and I have yet to get swollen, With my first I was swelling at five months.... Im now 27 wks.

Anyone =o) Any information or anything you know is appreciated!
Forgot to add.... I got diagnosed w preeclampsia at 37 wks.
Ill keep bumping... =o)
yesterday i went to doc and they think i have preeclamsia as well. They drew my blood as well and are checking my kidney and liver functions as well. i get the results tomorrow. i did read that if you have it in your first pregnancy you have a 1 in 3 chances of getting it in the next
YIKES Im sorry :( Thats so early! How is your blood pressure? You have protien in urine? Or they are checking you due to rapid weight gain? Thank God I got it after 37 wks because the chances of getting it Earlier are slim. If I had gotten it at 35 wk then this time i couldve gotten it at 30 wk.... Its scary and something we have no control over :(
its because my blood pressure was elevated and wouldnt go down no matter how long i sat/layed etc with my feet up or down or anything.. they're checking my urine and i will know tomorrow as well. been having some mild swelling but didn't ever tell doc, figured it was normal. Ive been having pains up high in stomach recently too and thats another sign but its something else i thought was normal and didnt mention either. I'm 29 weeks and 1 day. it is scary and i posted on here yesterday looking for advice or help or something and no one had anything to say on the subject :( sad
AWE- Well, I started getting protien in urine around 7-8months, and then when i came in for a checkup at 36 wks, my BP was elevated, not by much though and also had the protien. The next visit around 37-38 wks I went in for another check up and my BP was even more elevated...... ALSO I had SEVERE swelling.... 40 lb came off of me 2 wks Post-Birth.

Ill tell you it is scary, It isnt "treatable", you will be in and out of hospital.... They probably will give you the steroid for bubs lungs to mature..... All of this *IF* you do indeed have protien in urine, HBP AND swelling.

I hope the BP gets to a normal range for you... Hopefully your little one can cook for at least 4 more wks.... If preeclampsia becomes uncontrolable they WILL deliver, regardless of how far along you are...

It is very scary, but please prepare yourself for it too.. I believe preeclampsia is one of the most difficult things to do with pregnancy.
yea ive been trying to read up alot on it and know all my options and explain all of this to DH cuz he still doesn't really understand what is going on. i hope i can atleast keep her in til 34 weeks
Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
hansen20, and Hollus commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy