Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Lovenox injections

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Lovenox injections

Hi. I am 4 weeks pregnant, and it was highly suggested (based on the results of bloodwork drawn right before I became pregnant) to take daily Lovenox injections, as I am at risk for bloodclots.  
This has  been the most miserable part of being pregnant, as I am a little wimpy about giving the injections...
I am just wondering if anyone else is on or has been on this regimen and and have any luck making it a little less painful and any trick of the trades with avoiding the bruising...
THANKS!
I took lovenox almost the whole time I was pregnant with my second child. Sticking yourself ***** terribly but it is definitely better than having a blood clot that could possibly take your life. I always rotated my hips that I injected them in and the more fat you can pinch the better off you will be! I hope this helps!
I'm doing the Lovenox injections.  It really sucked at first but I got used to it.  Really, I didn't think I would get used to it and my doctor just kept saying it would get easier.  It does eventually become like part of your  normal routine just like taking a shower.  The good news is, after a few months you build up scar tissue and you don't even feel the shot anymore!  Keep it up, it's totally worth it.  I've had 2 miscarriages both at 9 weeks and now I'm 30 weeks pregnant.  Good luck
Oh, and you will have bruises.  But, they go away.  Right now, only my left side has a bruise and the right side only has little needle marks and no bruises.
Awwww, I'm sorry! That has got to stink but it's going to be worth it. I haven't personally had to take those but I know people who have.
KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
KTowne, and Shannon79 commented on Belle313's status
Shannon79 commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy