Low Potassium Level...
So...Sunday I passed out...So unexpected and did not have a clue as to why...Went to ER and they ran some blood tests and found that my potassium level was low...the doctors also found that my blood sugar levels were low as well.... they said it's common for women who are as far along as I am in the pregnancy (5 months) to have dizzy/fainting incidents because the baby is requiring more from me...bla bla bla....So here is my question....I was given a potassium pill while in ER (YUCK!) I am wondering if that is safe or was safe to take....I have been reading that taking a potassium pill is not ok especially while pregnant (which sounds kind of strange, but I'm no doctor) I'm concerned about this because I found that my level was 3.3 when the normal level is 3.5 and up....so I was not that low...would that warrant me having to take a potassium pill? and will it harm my unborn child because I took it....Any help/advice would be GREAT! Thank You!
I've been given potassium pills during pregnancy for severe leg cramps.  Taking the potassium pills could help prevent another episode.  BUT you can always just forgo the supplements and eat foods rich in potassium like bananas.  I personally don't think you put your baby in harms way by taking that potassium pill.  

I'm not a doctor or health professional. This is just my opinion based on my experience with 6 full term pregnancies (and 2 miscarriages).  :)
Thanks Losing...This is my 2nd pregnancy and I swear...I've heard of all pregnancies being different...but this one is TOTALLY different from my first...My first was so easy...this one...not so much! :)
My potassium lvl was 3.3 at my 8 week prenatal...  its really not that low.. i just started increasing my intake of bananas and potatoes.. of course i dont know what it has gone up to yet.