Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Low lying, low weight, what to make of this?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

My girlfriend who has been told she was close and at risk for a miscarriage, who is 16 weeks pregnant as of now. has bad pelvic pain and cramping for 2 weeks straight, starting at 12 weeks with no bleeding.

One day in the 14th week she spots, (wiped herself and saw blood) red blood. Cramps persist.

Then she starts bleeding for the next 4 days it goes up and down in intensity. At times light and at times kind of heavy. Cramping persists.
Pregnancy symptoms start decreasing.

The 5th day she starts bleeding heavier and the cramps are much worse, she passes chunks of blood, or blood clots at different points during the day.

On the 6th day there is light bleeding with cramping as it has been. On the night of this 6th day, the bleeding stops while the cramps persist.

On the 7th day there is slight cramping and no bleeding.

On the 8th day, there is no cramping and no bleeding.

On the 9th day, no cramping and no bleeding.

Can anyone explain what the cause of the bleeding is? my doc. didn't know, we switched to a diff. doc after she got examined at 12 weeks.

She did do an ultrasound, and there is a heartbeat.The doctor told my girlfriend that she has about a 20% of actually having this baby. She said the baby is low lying and that its weight is way too small. What should I make of all this? thank you.

My last doctor who is in the same office  not the one i talk about here,  in the same office screwed us over and got the conception date and due date wrong by 4 weeks.  
Please help me out
Are they going to do a follow up ultrasound to check the babies growth? You should ask to have one since she is having some complications. I had bleeding in the beginning and found out it was from a hemorrhage that was caused when the egg implanted into my uterus. If you are concerned with how the doctor is handling things you need to ask questions and find out what they are going to do for your GF.
I had 5 weeks of red blood during my pregnancy due to a subchorionic hematoma and my daughter turned out fine. Your girlfriend needs to be checked out and see if they can find the source of the bleeding. I'm going to be quite blunt with you though... it doesn't sound good. :(
I dont know anything about low lying placenta or an underweight baby.
Could be placenta previa.  where it is a low lying placenta covering her cervix.  This will cause bleeding, cramping/contractions.  Most the time the placenta will go up in the uterus as the baby grows, however sometimes it wont.  What could be happening with the low weight it the baby is not getting enough nutrients being that the placenta is not fully attached (since it could be over the cervix).  If the placenta completely detaches, she will miscarry.  Please as you doctor more on this and maybe do some research on placenta previa.  One of my friends had it and they gave her a 50% chance of having her baby.  The placenta ended up rising and moved away from the cervix..she ended up having a healthy pregnancy but had to have a c-section because of this.
Dear All,

Please note that we have taken Ultra Scan yesterday (29.12.10) & the details scan report are mentioned below.

1)Uterus is anteverted and has a GS within the fundus

2) Gestational Sac is regular

3)A small Subchorionic hematoma of 2.7x1.2 cms is sceen at the superior pole of the gestational sac.

4)The fetal pole is seen with a crown rump length of 0.75 cms corresponding to 6 weeks 5 days size.

5) The fetal heart pulsations are seen.

6) The yolk sac is seen.

7) Good decidual reaction is seen.

8) The crrvical length is adequate.

9)Internal OS is closed.

10) Left Ovary measues 4.3 cms and has a corpus luteal cyst of 2.8 cms.

Impressions:

A small Subchorionic hematoma of 2.7x1.2 cms is sceen at the superior pole of the gestational sac.

My wife has very mild pain in lower abdomen very rarely & it is not continous. Our Doctor advice her to take HCG 2000 IU & Susten 100 injection twice in a week & we arefollowing it up.

Does this  Subchorionic hematoma of 2.7x1.2 cms will affect the baby growth in future. Kindly clarify.

Regards
Thavaselvan
butterflybabies commented on Shannon79's status
1 hr ago
Shannon79 Happy 3rd Birthday to my li... Comment
Shannon79, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy