Mandatory Enema's before Delivery?
I'm hearing something about hospitals are starting to do mandatory enema's while you're in labor, before you deliver your baby??

Has anyone else heard about this or has been through it?
I dunno if it's just talk, or if it's actually true...
I'm not sure if it is true... I didn't have to do it at my hospital and that was less then a year ago.
I dont believe that is true.  can you imagine all the angry women if it was.   I know that they say having a bm during labor can happen but as far as hospitals making you have an enema?  I would switch hospitals LOL
They used to give them before child birth but now they don't make you have one unless you want to.  I think they just deal with it if the woman poops.  My friend did and they clean it up so quickly, it's no big deal to them.
I think that I'd rather have the enema,  It could be uncomfortable BUT it cleans you out so after labor when EVERYTHING hurts down there, the last thing you would want to worry about would be to have a bm for a day.
i dont want one, they flush out all the good bacteria and leave you open for infections. my mother said when she had my sisters they flushed EVERYTHING!!!! out after to 'clean' you. but it turns out it does the opposite. i dont think douches and enemas do anything for you. its not a natural process for your body to do, especially after giving birth. but that is just my point of view. i dont really care if i poop, its normal and the nurses dont care because it is normal.  
hmm, if we hear about women having bm's during pregnancy then it musn't be manditory or else those stories wouldn't exist right?
You will have diarrhea right before you go into labor.  Your body naturally prepares for childbirth.  Let me tell you, while you are in labor and ready to push, you don't care what happens.  You are just ready to get that baby out.  They are very used to it happening.
I dont know if its true, but I dont *want* an enema! ALTHOUGH. one of my biggest fears is sh!tting on the delivery table.. I would be friggen mortified...Pardon my language, but this topic sorta "gets" me... I am semi torn...I cant imagine it is within a law to force someone to have a procedure against their will? But I dont know if offered, I would definitely refuse due to aforementioned phobia of pooping on the table.. Uggh.. What a dilemma!

I have never heard of the "mandatory" enema, and I hope it isnt true! But I may consider it if given the option??!!
I had an enema with my first, and it wasnt bad at all.  I think people just exagerate when they reffer to them, when all they do is make you "go" and avoid any embarrasing accidents...I dint think it will kill anything by just using it once.
I had my DS in June and it was by no means required! I would not worry about it. People told me that just to scare me. It seems like people tell you stuff to get you prepared, but its nothing like what anyone would tell you. I was in labor for 36 hours and it was not 1/2 as bad as what they said !!!!! Dont worry!
lol THANK GOD it's not true.
If it's optional, then yeah, I might concider is because I too have a phobia of cr@pping all over the bed when it's time to push. LOL
But I don't think I'd be as comfortable getting it if it were mandatory.

The hospital that I'm gunna be delivering at didn't say anything to me about a mandatory enema.
It was I think my hubby told me that either his mama, or one of our sister in laws told him that some hospitals are starting to do that.
I dunno.

God.
I dunno which would be worse... cr@pping all over the bed and just dealing with the embarassment of that... or getting an enema and leaving a low, stank, diabolical BOMB in the hospital restroom... dealing with the total embarassment of that.

I think my MIL is gunna be recording the delivery...
What if I cr@p on tape?
OMG I would be COMPLETELY horrified!!!!

...maybe I should just get one.
LOL.
Having an ennima relaxes you muscles and allows you to dilate ...it's not just a matter of soiling yourself.  Educate yourself on the matter