I will be going on maternity leave in April, the unfortunate side is that I do not get a said maternity leave. I get to use whatever time off I have accumulated, and after that will have to take time without pay. Does anyone know if there is assistance out there or ways of getting monetary help after having a baby?
I would just start trying to save money from here on out..that's the best thing I can suggest! Maybe take out a small loan if you have to...or pre-pay as many bills as you can so hubby's salary can carry you through.
How long will you be on a single income? (i.e. after your paid leave time runs out)
When are you due and how much time have you accrued? My jobs the same way and there are other ways to stretch your paid time off or at least there is for me. I know that after 30 days (including weekends) I can apply for short term disability where the state will pay 75% and the other 25% will be supplemented through my remaining days off and then beyond that I can remain at 75%. It would be beneficial to speak with HR if you are in a position to do so
I am due in April, and by then I might have 3 weeks accrued? I am hoping to take 8 weeks off so I just don't know if that will be possible because that is a lot of time with no pay. I am saving and that is what I did the first time around and we survived but it was tough and our bills are higher this time around seeing as we live in southern CA. I have short term disability but I don't know if it will work or not because of pre-existing conditions and I believe mine will only cover 7 working days. My HR is not being too helpful.......
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.