Medicaid
Hi guys!  So, since finding out we're having a baby, my husband and I sat down and tallied what we were to possibly pay.  We currently have coverage, but unfortunately we wouldn't be covered for labor or anything baby related unless I had an emergency c-section.  I looked into medicaid, though I am afraid we won't get covered.  I was writing to see if anyone has applied and qualified for Medicaid, what the procedure was.

I am currently unemployed.  My husband shows he makes 20,0000 a year (before taxes).  He also has another company that he is owner of, but whatever money is made, it goes directly into the company account for growth. Would we qualify>
Yes, you would. Takes atleast 3 months to be accepted.
what else do they ask for?  I had a job prior and was always good about saving money.  So I've saved at least a years income worth. Do they look in our bank accounts?
Pregnancy Medicaid is more lenient (income wise) then regular medical Medicaid.   My husband and I both had jobs and assets (a car) and we qualified.  You can apply online or at a dshs office.  I was approved at my appt and they back dated the medical to the beginning of my pregnancy.  I live in WA... apply, the worst that could happen is they wont approve you however the chances (with your husband's income) is good.
I was approved and covered in a matter of two weeks, but I applied online. You'd likely be approved automatically if you apply in person. Of course, you probably wouldn't get insurance cards at the appointment, but DHS should be able to give you a medical identification number to use at appointments until you get a card. You'll need proof of pregnancy, income, ID obviously, and a proof of your address.
It's going to vary by state as well, try going to your local dept of health and human services office or the state website. I was I. It for my first pregnancy and it took around 6weeks for me to get my approval
I was approved the day I applied. However I'm single with 0 income. It shouldn't take long to get accepted. I got my card later in the mail. The Medicaid office set up my first doctor appointment too.
Is it true if you immediately qualify for PE (presumptive eligibility) you will automatically qualify for Medicaid?  I had to answer some questions over the phone and I qualified for PE for the next 30 days.  
im actually on DSHS medical that is medicaid because i have low income. and they cover all the hospital bills for me through out my entire pregnancy. and they go back 3 months if you did not have medical for it.
It all depends on what state u stay in.In my state u probably wouldn't qualify bc it would go off of your husband's income.I would call and try anyways
I had my pregnancy verified at the doc office and went down to department of workforce services and got put on Medicaid immediately they even made it Retro for 30 days there is Jo waiting period it just takes time u gotta fill out the paper work do an over the phone interview nd FAX in your proof of pregnancy and bam like that your covered if u ask your doctor for the paperwork for Medicaid they'll kno what u need nd u can ask them for the next step if u can't see a doc eight away go to planned parenthood they validate or we have something call pregnancy resource center just Google free pregnancy testing in your area