Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Membranes stripped, now what?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Membranes stripped, now what?

So I got my membranes stripped this morning. I'm 2cm dilated, 70% effaced and cervix is really soft. What should I expect to happen now and when? Also is there anything I can do to make labor progress faster? Thanks
If a membrane sweep is going to work it typically will within 24-48 hours. It dosnt work for a lot of women. I would try to walk a lot do some stairs, bounce on a exercise ball. That may help speed things up! Good Luck
I can have a sweep on 19th, my due date is 17th. i dont know what to do as i havent lost my plug yet and i know it sounds daft but i dont want my son to be born on Christmas so i would like to think if he's going to come on Christmas Day theres nothing i can do about it and it will be natural. im worried if i have a sweep on the 19th i might bring about the labour so close to Christmas.
i just got a sweep this morning..im 3cm and full effaced...im hoping something happens!! im being induced on the 27th if nothing happens! so exciting! my bf doesnt want me walking around......hes been a pest these past couple of days about our son coming out.....hes prolly REALLY REALLY REALLY nervous lol

but im trying to figure something out as well :P
Did it hurt?
theyre super uncomfy to get! not so much "hurts" just, REALLY not comfy!
I had mine done at 39+2 at around 1030 later that day i had some light bleeding and some irregular contraction nothing major though. That night i did all the laundry scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom and vaccumed the whole house. The next day 39+3 still some light bleeding i went on a mile long walk around the track at the park. All day i was having contractions a little strong but not regular. I had sex for like 10min sry if tmi but it hurt so i stopped lol. But around 1 am i started having regular contraction 5-7 min apart well i was able to deal with them and i just really did not think i was in labor at about 430am i thought ok these are a little strong and regular i think it is time to go. Got to the hospital and what do you know i was 6cm and my little guy was born11/08 at 1030am. I hope the strip works for you i did not think it would work for me i prayed tho cuz if that din work i was going to have to get induced and i did not want to force my body or baby to do something it wasnt ready for. Good luck hope your lil one will be here soon.
Well membrane strip didn't work, tried castor oil 3days in a row, first two days nothing happened third time I had a little diarrhea but that's all. Bounced on my bed for ten mins last night and had sex last night and this morning. Going to the mall to walk laps today. I'm convinced this baby doesn't want to come and I am getting so nervous about missing out on family plans for Christmas:( anyone have any other things to try?
I had eight sweeps in total ( I had gestational diabetes and had to be induced on due date) so they gave me quite alot before I was induced hoping it would start things off but no. everyone's different. I was only 1cm having my first one.
spider6 commented on photo
1 hr ago
KeeLolo, KTowne, Shannon79, and hansen20 commented on renae176's status
1 hr ago
Shannon79 commented on photo
1 hr ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy