Midwife
Can somebody explain to me....the doctor that you go see who does all your ultrasounds and check up, is that what they considering a midwife or you have to actually go out and find one?
A midwife is not a doctor.  They've got training but have not attended medical school.  Sometimes they have gone through nursing school but not always.  You can ask your doctor about a midwife.  They may have one in their office or have referrals.  I had an MD at my deliveries but some people do opt for just a midwife.  good luck and happy baby making
I've delivered with a midwife and with doctors- I personally prefer the midwife.  You do need to seek one out- sometimes they are in a practice with doctors, other times you have to find them outside the practice.  What's most important is that you are comfortable with whomever you choose- you can have a bad midwife, just as easily as a bad doctor, so make sure that you are on the same page with whomever your health care provider of choice is.