Midwife
Can somebody explain to me....the doctor that you go see who does all your ultrasounds and check up, is that what they considering a midwife or you have to actually go out and find one?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
973741 tn?1342346373
A midwife is not a doctor.  They've got training but have not attended medical school.  Sometimes they have gone through nursing school but not always.  You can ask your doctor about a midwife.  They may have one in their office or have referrals.  I had an MD at my deliveries but some people do opt for just a midwife.  good luck and happy baby making
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
5536886 tn?1455830946
I've delivered with a midwife and with doctors- I personally prefer the midwife.  You do need to seek one out- sometimes they are in a practice with doctors, other times you have to find them outside the practice.  What's most important is that you are comfortable with whomever you choose- you can have a bad midwife, just as easily as a bad doctor, so make sure that you are on the same page with whomever your health care provider of choice is.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community Resources