Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Mild Discomfort in Right Side around ovary

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am having some minor discomfort, not pain, on my lower right side near my ovary.  I get the same feeling around ovulation each month.  It have been coming and going for the last 3-4 days.  I am about 5 weeks pregnant.  I have had my HCG tested twice and they are rising faster than expected.  I am worried about eptopic or possilbe mutiple pregnancy.  Are these pains normal or should I be concerned?  BTW-This is my third baby!
Well they do need to make sure the baby is in the uterus!!! If you are 5 weeks along you need to just go to the er and tell them you are pregnant and having pain on your side. They will give you a trans vaginal ultrasound and that will comfirm how many ( manybe as it can taek up to 9 weeks to see a second one if there is one) and where the baby is. Sounds like if the baby is in the uterus the levels are good too! I had high levels this last ime and they tripled and I am only have one a boy:)  

Please don't wait to go to the dr if you are in severe pain cause if you ahve an eptopic then it is life threatening!!
Thank you for your comment.  I will definitely go straight to the doctor if the pain becomes more intense.  Right now, I would not consider it pain at all.  It is just a slight discomfort.  More annoying than anything.  I really think it is just a normal pain of a third pregnancy, but if it becomes more I will go in.
I had a very similar thing.  I thought I was ectopic too, and got scared even more from reading online!  It felt like cramping on and off, but specifically on that side.  Even sitting down at my desk I could feel it.  I was hoping to get the U/S at 7 weeks to make sure it wasn't ectopic, but my dr. wanted to wait until 10 weeks.  During the U/S I told the nurse about the crampy feeling on my right ovary and she looked over there and it is a small cyst.  She said it's actually normal, and will dissolve with the pregnancy.  
It can come from the missed period. If you look on my page, under my U/S post, someone (Heather) describes why this happens better than I can!) Lol.

Oh, also mine got worse with stress and when I was tired.  Then I thought it could be twins.  Turns out it's one baby, and one little cyst.  The feeling went away more or less, I'd say the height was from week 4-7.

If it's not pain, I think you are going to be okay.  Like the above post said if it's pain, go get it checked.  If not, hang in there.  BTW if you get an U/S at 5-6 weeks, it's going to be vaginal, if you wait, it's like the gel kind on the stomach. You might already know this!  

Good luck!
KTowne commented on hansen20's status
hansen20 24 weeks and have to go do ... Comment
KeeLolo commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy