Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Miscarriaging and getting pregnant again

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Last year my cousin had a miscarriage and like 2 weeks ago she was pregnant all over again was that to fast?
Hi I had a miscarriage last week and I had sex yesturday without protection is there a chance of me getting pregnant?
she had the miscarriage last year?  no....it's fine if she becomes pregnant now.....some doc's say to wait 1 cycle and others say to wait 3.
Avatar n tn
I had a miscarriage this year and didn't wait for my first period and got pregnant two weeks after my D&C , I then lost that one at 5 weeks . I think it was too soon .
Avatar n tn
I also had a miscarriage in Dec '07, had one period after a D&C and then got pregnant in March.  I too miscarried around at barely 5 weeks with that one.  I also think it was just too soon.

To empty1:
Did you have to have a D&C w/ 2nd miscarriage?  How long until Dr says you can start ttc again?
I think you should give your body a break, wait a while give yourself time to heal, I too had 2 m/c's and had a D&C but have decided to give it a break, eat healthy get myself in good shape, try not to stress over pregnancy and then I will try again and hopefully it will be ok.
I had a M/C in November last year and we tried again straight away but i didnt fall pregnant again until March of this year but my mate had a m/c and fell pregnant straight away. Everybodys body is different and our bodies react to different things in different ways so it is possible that she can be pregnant again this quick.
lots of times drs say to wait 1-2 cycles after having a d&c to give your uterus' lining time to build back up, because after a d&c  they go in and scrape everything out, then if you dont wait they lining doesnt have a chance to build back up so there isnt much for an egg to attach to..i know with my dr they made me wait 6 months, but thats only because i had other complications..
Honestly one miscarriage doesn't mean you'll miscarry again, or that a second miscarriage was because it was "too soon".

I got pregnant after my miscarriage and my daughter was born full term, chunky, and healthy. Wait until after your first period after the miscarriage to begin trying again. That is what most doctor suggest.

I had a miscarriage a month ago and my partner wants to try again already.... Im not so sure as i really dont want to go thru all that again, How should should we wait??? We have been told to wait till after 3 months where people have siad try soon as you stop bleeding?? i bled for arounf 4 days at First and then two weeks after bled quite heavy again, Have finished bleeding all together now, Just dont know if to tey again or not yet??
KeeLolo Hope everyone has a great w... Comment
hansen20 16 days to csection day... ... Comment
hansen20 added the Weight Tracker
Jul 29
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy