Mold Exposure
My wife is around 21 weeks pregnant now.  The baby is growing strong and healthy and all the tests came back normal.

I'm concerned because we found some mold in our small apartment; a small portion in the bedroom near the foot of the bed and some on the ceiling in the living room.  The mold is black.

It seems that there's no concrete evidence that this causes problems for pregnant women but I'm scared nonetheless.  Obviously I'm going to try to clean everything up.

Any thoughts on this?
I understand your concern completely but thank goodness women have built in protection for babies..I would say the chemicals used to clean the mold poses more of a risk than the actual mold ..I would bring it up at your wives next prenatal appointment just to be certain ..just relax make sure she drinks more water an gets plenty of rest ..good luck an Congrats :)
Apartment?? I would go straight to the rental office. Some black molds can do perm neurological damage not only to you and your wife but it can absolutely effect your unborn child...it depends on the type of mold. You should always take mold serioulsy!!!
I was exposed to black mold in my Appartment n every doctor kept telling me to move i was soo sick i had 7 sinus infections back to back n respiratory infections my kids were always sick from it too i was pregnant as well i did move n i have not been sick since then u cant clean that up it has to be removed n cleaned professionally but my unborn child is doing well it only made me sick but its not good for any of u to breathe that stuff in call the landlord to have someone look it over
When I was pregnant with my daughter we were in a place that had black mold ..we never knew about it until the place flooded an they had to gut everything ..my doc explained to me there was very little risk to the unborn an you really have to breathe in a lot of it to cause serious damage ..I didn't say there's no.risk just little risk ..my Dr was more worried about us bein exposed to chemicals to get rid of the mold than the actual mold ..always a good idea to.mention this to your Dr like I mentioned ..
hey girly, did u decide on the name for xavier?
No not yet my husband thinks we should just not give him a middle name but i dont think thats right but i still have alittle ovet 5 weeks to come up with something
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm taking my wife out of the house tomorrow and going to have someone come deal with it.