Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Mucous Plug Colors?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Mucous Plug Colors?

So last week, I began noticing these small bits of 'stuff' mixed in with my discharge.  The best way I can describe it were little bits of whitish/yellowish snot (not the clear kind, but the more opaque solid kind).  I figured that maybe it was part of my mucous plug being 'chipped away'.  I usually happens for a day then is gone for a few before reappearing.  

Well, today, I noticed it again ...only this time the small chunk was more greenish in color.  That kinda freaked me out because (at least with snot) green and yellow can lean towards the side of infection.  I've read that mucous plugs can be pinkish, white, yellowish, clear, opaque ...but GREEN?  

I don't see my doctor till next Thursday, and I don't know where to rate small greenish chunks in my discharge on the "I need to call my doctor" list.  Is this something to worry about and call her for?  Or should I just keep an eye on it and mention it the next time I visit?
I don't think it's anything to worry, but you can call and say your slightly concerned and just wondering if it's normal to be green.

Both of mine looked like the egg white, of the yoke not the yellow part....with blood in it.  And I lost my plugs all at one time!  But it was gross, looked like it could have been snot lmao!  
Thanks Ash!  Again, the chunks have disappeared ...but who knows they might come back again!

When I talked to my mom on Wed, she had mentioned if I knew about the mucous plugs.  She had said that both of hers were like globs of snot.  LOL  Why can't mine be that way so I *know* for sure what it is?!  ^.^
LOL  Maybe it is like that, and you just don't know!!  ahaha...  mucous plugs can be tricky!!!  

But they say you can lose them and they can form back!  So I wouldn't worry too much at this point.  Nonthe less, maybe baby will come in 3 weeks or so?!  Or whenever 37 weeks are, I can't remember how far you are at this exact moment cause I think i'm brain dead LMAO
well when i lost mine a few days ago it was yellowish in color and had a lilttle bit of blood in it....other then that i wouldnt say theres much of a prob having it be a greenish tint!! I dunno..lol.ask your doc..i agree with ashiepooh that i think there is nothing to worry about!! :)
xoxo_143 Idk what's wrong with me. I... Comment
1 hr ago
KTowne, Hollus, and hansen20 commented on renae176's status
KTowne commented on Hollus's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy