Mucus Plug/Discharge
So I am 38 weeks this Saturday (tomorrow) and I believe I have been loosing my mucus plug since Thursday (Sep. 16th). Sorry if this will be tmi but I'm curious. All day Thursday I was Really wet, like way more than usual. Then before bed I felt a little gush down there so stuck my hand in my panties and it came out covered in this clear glob of mucus stuff that was really stretchy, I was also very wet in my vagina and it was mostly clear with just a tinge of white. Since yesterday I have had a few more clumps of this clear mucus glob stuff.

Also, every time I go pee I have to go through 2 or 3 wads of toilet paper I'm so wet. And sometimes, before I even start peeing, the clear (slightly white) discharge drips out and is really thin.

I know you have more discharge in pregnancy, especially in the 3rd trimester and I have experienced this...but this is even more than the increased pregnancy discharge.

So my question is, this is most likely my mucus plug right? And not my water leaking? And does anyone know if loss of mucus plug is a sign of effacement? Because I'm already dilated to 4cm and almost 70% effaced but am having no real contractions.
You really really should go see a doctor like yesterday.
I called my doctors office and the nurse said that since I wasn't having any contractions it's probably just my mucus plug...but to go to the hospital if I start getting contractions 10min apart.
I've been having that for like the last 2 weeks. My doctor said it is the mucus plug coming out slowly and means that there are changes going on down yonder but not to be really concerned unless it is streaked with blood. We're getting close!
Yay! Progress is always nice :-)
I'm really glad you posted this question because our cases are soooo similar... the globs keep coming almost everytime I go to the bathroom, but when I woke up this morning, after eating breakfast I had a really big one! Kinda freaked me out but decided to look on here to see whats going on and what I'm getting is that changes are occuring and the cervix is thining out... last dr appt I was 39w 3d and dialated to almost 4 and 50% thinned... really hoping that something happens soon! : )